Stryker Opinions

FULLMETALJACKET said:
That things a flippin bullet/rpg magnet.

Not a bullet magnet. You been watching too much BHD. They used the Fox with only 7.62mm M80 Ball protection. The Stryker's standard armor protects against 14.5mm and can have add-on armor protection up to 23mm.

Now as for an RPG maget, it is true to the word.

Anyway,"STRYKER" is not strike vehicle.
It,s just armored bus.
Good land weapon has fire power&speed&defence.
STRYKER is luck of armour used in frontline.

sandy said:
Anyway,"STRYKER" is not strike vehicle.
It,s just armored bus.
Good land weapon has fire power&speed&defence.
STRYKER is luck of armour used in frontline.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Remember the M113 was a real RPG/bullet magnet, but then they can out with the M113A2 ACAV for Armored Assaults and that really did the trick. But keeping in mind the Stryker is wheeled and has better mobility in streets.

I'd have to agree with the "Armored Bus" statement. That's essentially what the Stryker was intended for, that and the capacity for more rapid deployment than w/ a Bradley. Its kinda like saying that the HumVee w/ the new armor is "a lousy tank." Well, the Stryker isn't trying to be a MBT or a top-of-the-line APC. Its more of a "faster deployment, less armor" APC than the Bradley. Consider this:

Stryker Speed: 62 mph (100 km/h)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stryker
Bradley Speed: 38 mph (66 km/h) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Fighting_Vehicle

So the question is, do you want to deploy faster or safer? There will be call for both of course. It depends on the mission though.

So I guess we should all go and change the Strykers in the US and the ASLAVS in Australia to carby fed V8s, with a bren gun for defence, and hand flags for signals, just in case one of the insurgents we are fighting happens to stumble across an EMP? Or better yet, lets just get back on our horses. No tech there at all.

gigabrain said:

FYI: It would take a Thero-Nuclear weapon to put out an EMP to take out the electronics on a Stryker. I think someone has been play too many games.

Back