Strongest Gun

--

January 11th, 2006  
Fireinthedisco

Topic: Strongest Gun

Im only 13, no Military expierence what-so-ever and I need to be enlightened with a few questions. Im an aspiring inventor who has alot of ideas (more of them non military) but I have a few Ideas that could possible work/would be cool

My question is what is the strongest gun that can be used easily on foot (like m16s) and the same question with sniper rifles. How many feet per second will the bullets travel?

After a few replies ill tell you ideas and you tell me cool or not so much.
January 11th, 2006  
Whispering Death

What do you mean by "strongest"

Do you mean what guns deliver the most kinetic force on impact? Or the guns that travel the fastest feet per second? Or the guns with the greatest pennetrating power?
January 11th, 2006  
zander_0633

Does your strongest also include the material of the gun?
--
January 11th, 2006  
sandy

Strongest gun ever built is GERMAN 80cm gun.
January 11th, 2006  
Missileer

I assume you want to fire this thing standing and in a battlefield situation. Do you want to use standard FMJ or explosive rounds.
January 11th, 2006  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy
Strongest gun ever built is GERMAN 80cm gun.
Thats the biggest, I'd go with the 280mm T-10 Atomic Cannon.
January 12th, 2006  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireinthedisco
Im only 13, no Military expierence what-so-ever and I need to be enlightened with a few questions. Im an aspiring inventor who has alot of ideas (more of them non military) but I have a few Ideas that could possible work/would be cool

My question is what is the strongest gun that can be used easily on foot (like m16s) and the same question with sniper rifles. How many feet per second will the bullets travel?

After a few replies ill tell you ideas and you tell me cool or not so much.
I would assume the largest practical caliber for assault rifles is probably 8mm Mauser.
January 12th, 2006  
godofthunder9010

BTW, here's the World's most power Handgun. .50 Caliber Magnum. If you can use the thing and not hurt yourself, your a better man than me.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/outd...s/1277336.html

There is a .50 caliber sniper rifle, and thats a helluva powerful gun. There's the AR 15.

Faster rate of throwing deadly projectiles into the air and still being a "gun" would probably be the USAS12(fully Automatic 12 gauge Shotgun - 240 rounds per minute):

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm

FYI, neither gun pictured has a helluva lotta practical usefulness except in very very specific circumstances. But they're incredibly powerful.
January 12th, 2006  
Fireinthedisco

sorry if I was to vauge, my idea was most pentrating power

I always found it funny, how shields never were used in early use of guns, especially in musket times, I wouldnt mind something in front of me to prevent a speeding metal ball killing/hurting me, but... meh... thats cheating the rules of war.
January 12th, 2006  
Fireinthedisco

oops double post sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
BTW, here's the World's most power Handgun. .50 Caliber Magnum. If you can use the thing and not hurt yourself, your a better man than me.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/outd...s/1277336.html

There is a .50 caliber sniper rifle, and thats a helluva powerful gun.
holy crap 50 cal. id probably bust my nose cause my arm would fly back and smack me in the face... Id like to see someone one hand that gun

Is the military investing in anything laser beam wise? Wars would looks so much cooler if they looked like G.I. Joe