Strongest Gun

Fireinthedisco

Im only 13, no Military expierence what-so-ever and I need to be enlightened with a few questions. Im an aspiring inventor who has alot of ideas (more of them non military) but I have a few Ideas that could possible work/would be cool

My question is what is the strongest gun that can be used easily on foot (like m16s) and the same question with sniper rifles. How many feet per second will the bullets travel?

After a few replies ill tell you ideas and you tell me cool or not so much.

What do you mean by "strongest"

Do you mean what guns deliver the most kinetic force on impact? Or the guns that travel the fastest feet per second? Or the guns with the greatest pennetrating power?

I assume you want to fire this thing standing and in a battlefield situation. Do you want to use standard FMJ or explosive rounds.

Fireinthedisco said:
Im only 13, no Military expierence what-so-ever and I need to be enlightened with a few questions. Im an aspiring inventor who has alot of ideas (more of them non military) but I have a few Ideas that could possible work/would be cool

My question is what is the strongest gun that can be used easily on foot (like m16s) and the same question with sniper rifles. How many feet per second will the bullets travel?

After a few replies ill tell you ideas and you tell me cool or not so much.

I would assume the largest practical caliber for assault rifles is probably 8mm Mauser.

BTW, here's the World's most power Handgun. .50 Caliber Magnum. If you can use the thing and not hurt yourself, your a better man than me.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/firearms/1277336.html
SW50cal_magnum.jpg

There is a .50 caliber sniper rifle, and thats a helluva powerful gun. There's the AR 15.

Faster rate of throwing deadly projectiles into the air and still being a "gun" would probably be the USAS12(fully Automatic 12 gauge Shotgun - 240 rounds per minute):
usas-12.jpg

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm

FYI, neither gun pictured has a helluva lotta practical usefulness except in very very specific circumstances. But they're incredibly powerful.

Last edited:
sorry if I was to vauge, my idea was most pentrating power

I always found it funny, how shields never were used in early use of guns, especially in musket times, I wouldnt mind something in front of me to prevent a speeding metal ball killing/hurting me, but... meh... thats cheating the rules of war.

Last edited:
oops double post sorry

godofthunder9010 said:
BTW, here's the World's most power Handgun. .50 Caliber Magnum. If you can use the thing and not hurt yourself, your a better man than me.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/firearms/1277336.html
SW50cal_magnum.jpg

There is a .50 caliber sniper rifle, and thats a helluva powerful gun.

holy crap 50 cal. id probably bust my nose cause my arm would fly back and smack me in the face... Id like to see someone one hand that gun

Is the military investing in anything laser beam wise? Wars would looks so much cooler if they looked like G.I. Joe :D

Last edited:
My friend at the local firing range says he has seen someone who comes regularly firing a .44 magnum and still be extremely accurate. The dude is also apparently huge. The armstrength needed to accurately shoot a .50 cal magnum accurately is gonna be extremely rare, but anyone with above average strength who knows how to shoot a handgun should be able to avoid getting whacked in the face shooting it. Its still gonna jack your wrists. One-handing that would be flat out stupid.

The USAS 12 is equally insane. The thing kicks like a mule from what I've heard, but it is an extremely rapid firing Fully Automatic Shotgun. The USAS12 was ordered by the US military, and made by Daewoo in South Korea. In terms of deadly projectiles, well if you're willing to say "Screw the Geneva Conventions" outright, you can load flechettes which will slice right through body armor and bullet proof vests.

In terms of laserbeams, there are things like that. The USA has a laser item that makes the target feel vertigo/nausea or somesuch. The Chinese already have the "Dazzler" that is capable of blinding distant targets.

Sandy and Cadet Seaman, the man did specify "something you can fire standing (like an M16)" so please post your source: A video of a single Infantryman picking up and firing a 280mm gun!! Sandy gets to find the footage of a footman picking up and firing the 60cm!! DAMN I gotta see that!!!

Last edited:
That S&W is a magnum!! I think it has gotta be one of the most useless things ever! If you can shoot it and hit your target, congratulations to you. Its entire purpose has got to be one-upmanship to the Desert Eagle for "World's Most Powerful Handgun". But who is the genius that put it into a revolver of all things?? No chance of doing much of anything in recoil dampening. If your strong enough to fire the thing repeatedly without jacking your wrists and still being somewhat accurate, I'll still take a 9mm Glock over it. In a gunfight of any kind, if the dork with the big gun misses his first shot, I'll shoot him 5 times before he can recover for another shot. LOL.

But the question was "Most Powerful Gun", and that's definitely it for Handguns. I'm opperating under the assumption that explosive and fancier rounds are off-limits or we could have a lot of fun.

BTW, for utterly demolishing the target with a single firearm, can anyone think of something better than the USAS12? I figure somebody out there has invented something better, but I've got no idea what.

If you can use the thing and not hurt yourself, your a better man than me.
Its really not as bad to shoot as you think, especially the model you have shown there. The 3" inch barrel version on the other hand, diffrent beast all together.

Its entire purpose has got to be one-upmanship to the Desert Eagle for "World's Most Powerful Handgun"
Aparently youve never tried to stop a grizzly with a 9mm. (neither have I just setting up a secnario)

How was the feeling? Was it accurate?
I shot the longer barreld version (with a glove yes im a wussy) and it was just a tad bit worse than shooting a .45, you could most defintely shoot it accurately but you have to take your time.

I'll still take a 9mm Glock over it. In a gunfight of any kind,

Para P-14 just an awesome handgun. What i use in competetion...mostly. I shoot a S&W .38 S on occasion to.
http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=16

Last edited:
Fireinthedisco said:
sorry if I was to vauge, my idea was most pentrating power

I always found it funny, how shields never were used in early use of guns, especially in musket times, I wouldnt mind something in front of me to prevent a speeding metal ball killing/hurting me, but... meh... thats cheating the rules of war.

You can't fire a musket with 50 pounds of steel on your arm

You can't fire a musket with 50 pounds of steel on your arm

A wooden bronze reinforced sheild would probally stop a musket ball. And placed far enough back on your arm would be possible to shoot.

Early auquibesiers and musketeers did use palisaids and other such defensive equipment. The issue became that mass of troops was more important than keeping them alive, basically. You can give them all shields or you can have twice as many musketeers and overwhelm the enemy. That was the thought process.

The tactics of mass and maneuver that won the wars in that timeperiod would have been negated by the need to carry around a big shield to put infront of you everywhere you go.

Rabs said:
Its really not as bad to shoot as you think, especially the model you have shown there. The 3" inch barrel version on the other hand, diffrent beast all together.
There is the small bit about you being a competant gun owner/user and all. According to the article, the thing has more than double the kick of the .44 magnum. Fine, I'll shoot a .44, but its the same problem. To shoot accurately, a.) You need to know what you are doing and b.) You're going to be a long recovery time between shots. I have this hillarious picture inside my head of somebody inexperienced shooting that beastie and it flying straight back and whacking them in the head.
Rabs said:
Aparently youve never tried to stop a grizzly with a 9mm. (neither have I just setting up a secnario)
:p I was thinking of Elephant, but I didn't bother to say it. If I'm in a position to encounter a hostile Grizzy, Elephant, or Rhinocerous, what the hell was I thinking just bringing a handgun anyways??
:biggun:
I shot the longer barreld version (with a glove yes im a wussy) and it was just a tad bit worse than shooting a .45, you could most defintely shoot it accurately but you have to take your time.
Since I've never shot one, I'll take your word for it that it doesn't kick as bad as all that. Then again, based on your stated preference of a .45 caliber handgun, you're obviously someone who shoots some bigger handguns a lot and prefers them big. Not my personal preference. Its good to hear that the folks at Smith&Wesson made sure it was accurate as well as ridiculously overpowered. I still maintain that the .50 cal Magnum is not a good gun for general use. Sure looks scary though.
Rabs said:
Para P-14 just an awesome handgun. What i use in competetion...mostly. I shoot a S&W .38 S on occasion to.
http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=16
I like the feel of the Desert Eagle .44 as far as feeling right in my hands, but I'm going to be a lot more accurate with the 9mm.

Last edited:
Back