Strongest Gun - Page 3

--

January 13th, 2006  
sven hassell

The worlds 'strongest' gun(im assuming you mean a weapon that can be carried and fired by a single soldier with kinetic rounds,not explosive missiles so rocket launchers is out) has got to be the Croatian RT-20 rifle.
It fires the Hispano 20 x 110mm round which is a 130gram (2000 grains) at a muzzle velocity of 850 metres a second. If anyone has any pictures of the effects of this rifle when an AP load has been used against infantry I would be interested to see just how much devastation it can cause . If anyone knows of a gun(personal firearm) which is 'stronger'(has superior penetration) then I apologise for my mistake.
January 13th, 2006  
zander_0633

Any pics on that?
January 13th, 2006  
godofthunder9010

Poked around the internet and found the gun Sven Hassell was talking about:
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn56-e.htm

50 cal machine gun round on top, RT-20's round on the bottom.
--
January 13th, 2006  
Rabs

Thats a cannon.
January 14th, 2006  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
Im not sure they make a magnum but i have fired the .50 cal S&W hangun, total over kill.
You mean the S&W .500?
January 14th, 2006  
FO Seaman

Below is a pic of the Desert Eagle's .50AE round and a 7.65x17mm Browning round.

January 14th, 2006  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven hassell
The worlds 'strongest' gun(im assuming you mean a weapon that can be carried and fired by a single soldier with kinetic rounds,not explosive missiles so rocket launchers is out) has got to be the Croatian RT-20 rifle.
It fires the Hispano 20 x 110mm round which is a 130gram (2000 grains) at a muzzle velocity of 850 metres a second. If anyone has any pictures of the effects of this rifle when an AP load has been used against infantry I would be interested to see just how much devastation it can cause . If anyone knows of a gun(personal firearm) which is 'stronger'(has superior penetration) then I apologise for my mistake.

The XM109 25mm Payload Rifle firing the 25mm "Cargo Round", I don't know he exact specs but it is stated by six different sites that the XM109 is the marker line between sniper rifle and cannon.

January 14th, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, any idea which country own's those Big guns?
January 14th, 2006  
sven hassell

Sorry Cadet Seaman but the 25x59mm round leaving at 790m/s is not in excess of a 20x110mm leaving at 850m/s.Or are my maths wrong? By the way Zander the RT-20 is made in Croatia whilst the Xm109 is under development by Barrett Firearms so will probably end up in service with the U.S. armed forces.
January 14th, 2006  
Fox

Tommy gun.