Which is the strongest Arabian armed forces at the mean time

If you include Egypt as part of the "arabian" armed forces, they surely win out: M1s, F16s, Leos, TOWs, Patriots, etc., and plenty of them, also well (US) trained officers (which probably is a very important force multiplier).

Rattler

There are a number of well equipped states in the Middle East, but the thing is have they the bottle for a real fight

Egypt, as the most populous, US trained and equipped arab nation. Syria would come second but with russian hardware and training. Saudi Arabia does not really have a offensive army, only defensive in nature, and not enough population.

There are a number of well equipped states in the Middle East, but the thing is have they the bottle for a real fight
I'd say that it depends upon what they are fighting for.

Given the right reasons I have no doubt that they would be a formidable enemy, just look at the insurgents in Iraq.

If by Arabian, you mean "arab" not "on the arabian peninsula" it's undoubtedly egypt, as it has the most tech, and a huge population. Iraq might have had a shot before it's military was destroyed for a second time back in '03, not to mention they're smaller population (less manpower for troops)

Ya I approve what all of u had said but Saudi Arabia has m1s and f-15s (f-15 are not included in our arsenal (Egypt)

1. In terms of Organization, Discipline and Command & Control, Jordan's small army is very good. Oman also has a good and small army.

2. To the Arabs the definition includes the Maghreb also. In that case Algeria has a good fighting force. Morocco has modern weaponry, but being royal and all I do not know how professional they would be. In kingdoms of Jordan and Oman, traditionally British and Pakistani officers have built up their forces.

hahaha you are truly funny.
if you don't know nothing about arabia, don't speak about.
****most powerful arabian air force:
1-Egypt with 510 air-fighter (210 f-16s + G3 air-fighters)
2-Algeria with unknow number of air-fighters (mig-29,mig-35,su-27,su-25,su-35 to be delivred soon...)
3-Saudi Arabia with 290 air-fighter(f-15, tayphoon...)
****most powerful arabian navy:
1-Algeria
2-egypt
3-Saudi Arabia
****most powerful arabian ground forces:
1-egypt( primary tank m60a1 and the abrams)
2-Algeria(primary tank t72 and t-90s)
3-Syria(primary tank t55 and t72)

note: both egypt and algeria owns s-300,patriot and pantsur defense systems and ordred s-400 to be delivred soon.

If we are allowed to put in Egypt and Algeria (which are part of the Arab World) am I allowed to mention Turkey? F-16s and F-15s, Abrams, the most powerful Navy in the area and 400,000 standing army (it can call up 20 Million servicemen in a Emergency).

My Money is on Turkey.

If we are forced to stay in the Arab Sphere, its a tie between Saudi Arabia and Syria.

If we are allowed to put in Egypt and Algeria (which are part of the Arab World) am I allowed to mention Turkey? F-16s and F-15s, Abrams, the most powerful Navy in the area and 400,000 standing army (it can call up 20 Million servicemen in a Emergency).

My Money is on Turkey.

If we are forced to stay in the Arab Sphere, its a tie between Saudi Arabia and Syria.

I wouldn't write too many checks on the ability to call up 20 million servicemen though as the countries population is only 70 million (give or take a couple) there is no way they could sustain a call up of 20 million without the country collapsing economically.

So me this battle is between Egypt and Saudi Arabia, I have no doubt that the Turkish armed forces are very good but I don't think they fall into the category of an "Arabian" armed force.

I wouldn't write too many checks on the ability to call up 20 million servicemen though as the countries population is only 70 million (give or take a couple) there is no way they could sustain a call up of 20 million without the country collapsing economically.

So me this battle is between Egypt and Saudi Arabia, I have no doubt that the Turkish armed forces are very good but I don't think they fall into the category of an "Arabian" armed force.

Not at one time true, but it could do 10-12M, perhaps more. Remember Turkey has the same population as Germany did in WWII and that's roughly the average what the German armed forces were at. Plus the economy of Germany was much more labor intensive, due to modernization you don't need as many workers to do they same tasks.

The only country that could match turkey in terms of numbers is Egypt.

Personally I put the Turks on top simply because they have been the tough warriors in that area for centuries. Other countries military strength has waxed and waned over the years but the Turks had some of the best soldiers.

Last edited:
Not at one time true, but it could do 10-12M, perhaps more. Remember Turkey has the same population as Germany did in WWII and that's roughly the average what the German armed forces were at. Plus the economy of Germany was much more labor intensive, due to modernization you don't need as many workers to do they same tasks.

The only country that could match turkey in terms of numbers is Egypt.

Personally I put the Turks on top simply because they have been the tough warriors in that area for centuries. Other countries military strength has waxed and waned over the years but the Turks had some of the best soldiers.

I wont argue with any of that because there is no point for the simple reason that the Turkish are not "Arabic" and the question is "Which is the strongest Arabian armed forces at the mean time".

My understanding is that Turks originate from Central Asia while Arabs originate from the deserts of Arabia.

Last edited:
I wont argue with any of that because there is no point for the simple reason that the Turkish are not "Arabic" and the question is "Which is the strongest Arabian armed forces at the mean time".

My understanding is that Turks originate from Central Asia while Arabs originate from the deserts of Arabia.

Well, by that reasoning that would eliminate Egypt and Algeria too because they are North Africans and not from "Arabia" either.

Besides I suspect the OP meant regional power (i.e the Middle East) not geographically...

However, if you want to talk strictly Arab countries...Saudi Arabia or Syria.

Well, by that reasoning that would eliminate Egypt and Algeria too because they are North Africans and not from "Arabia" either.

Besides I suspect the OP meant regional power (i.e the Middle East) not geographically...

However, if you want to talk strictly Arab countries...Saudi Arabia or Syria.

Not entirely as Egypt is an odd nation in that there are a number of factors that make it an Arab nation however I think I will leave this argument to one of the Egyptian members of the forum as I am sure they will know more than I on the subject.

Well, I'd go with Israel except the majority of their population and armed forces are not Arab. The Israelis can fight, have fought, and fight hard. Egypt is 2nd place to Israel and Jordan has one of the most professional forces in the region next to Israel.

Back