Strongest Aircraft out there

Ahhh yes, but does the F22 have cannons on it?, The plane with the guns on it still rules the furball.

This man has a point, were all comparing firepower and speed and out engine size, the warthog is ugly as hell and can take just about any pounding you can throw at it and still fly.

I am assuming my strongest the creator means strongest airframe, in which case my vote is for the A-10 Warthog or F-15, afterall, an F-15 successfully landed with one wing missing, A-10's have come down safely with damage that was unheard of before.

I am assuming my strongest the creator means strongest airframe, in which case my vote is for the A-10 Warthog or F-15, afterall, an F-15 successfully landed with one wing missing, A-10's have come down safely with damage that was unheard of before.
During war in Afghanistan 1979-1989, Soviet Su-25s made 60 000 combat flights. There have been 139 `air-to-ground` missiles launched, from which 137 hit target. 23 planes were lost during the war, and average damage for downed plane was 80-90 hits (for comparison, each downed Su-17 had average damage of 15-20 hits). However, there have been planes successfully returned to base with 150 hits, with one working engine or with fuel tanks hit (despite of this, no fuel explosions occured).
www.airwar.ru

When you look at many of the aircraft from WW2 that returned to base with so much damage that you thought that they would not be able to fly, let alone land safely

OK are we talking about modern aircraft or the strongest aircraft period?
Cause I'd like to give MANY perks to the A-6 Intruder, this is the only aircraft in history that could carry twice its own weight in bombs and go off the pointy end and not crash

But the A-6 is so ugly.
If that all you have to say about the A-6 then I can tell you have never worked on one LMAO trust me brother ugly ain't all that thing is. But seeing one fully loaded flying over head in Iraq does give you a sense of security.

If that all you have to say about the A-6 then I can tell you have never worked on one LMAO trust me brother ugly ain't all that thing is. But seeing one fully loaded flying over head in Iraq does give you a sense of security.

Sharp turn in that baby and the wings will fly right off! The A 6 has a bad reputation for structural wing failure is high speed turns or with sharp turns with ordnance on every hard point. But you probably already knew that( No Joke)

Strongest aircraft? My opinion? The Su 26/29/31 a max load of over 12 gs on the wings before the stucture safety fails. Then things get hairy. Like to see your hot shot jet fighter do that at 90 knots!
SU-26.jpg

As for armament, well, it all comes down to what you have in your holster.

Last edited:
Thats because the A6 was a bomber, not a fighter, it wasn't designed to turn away from enemy fire, it was designed to go above the limit of a sam an drop a bomb in the sam operators shirt pocket

Sharp turn in that baby and the wings will fly right off! The A 6 has a bad reputation for structural wing failure is high speed turns or with sharp turns with ordnance on every hard point. But you probably already knew that( No Joke)

Strongest aircraft? My opinion? The Su 26/29/31 a max load of over 12 gs on the wings before the stucture safety fails. Then things get hairy. Like to see your hot shot jet fighter do that at 90 knots!
SU-26.jpg

As for armament, well, it all comes down to what you have in your holster.

You will NEVER see me do that, I worked on aircraft for 20 years, you think I'm getting in one of them?
(told a pilot that once, I think he wet his flight suit)

But Yea that thing is pretty nimble, but how does it hold up against a sidewinder, or a 20mm cannon round?

I'll have to go with P-47 Thunderbolt. Those things are strongest mother:cen:ers.

Back