Streaking Clergy

Padre

Milforum Chaplain
A small country town had a Catholic Priest (Father Michael) and a Protestant Minister (Reverend John) who were best of buddies. They went fishing by the local river one day as they usually did, but this day the weather really got surprisingly hot. They both had the good idea to go for a swim and cool off but hadn't brought any bathers (trunks for you Americans), and with no one else around decided to go skinny dipping.

They were enjoying the cool water but they both noticed a dust cloud in the distance which got closer and closer to the river bank. Two cars pulled up near their clothes and fishing gear and to the clergymen's horror out jumped families from both their parishes for a picnic.

Realising their embarrasing predicament they quickly swam for shore. Out jumped Reverend John first, grabbed his clothes, put them around his waist and jumped into his car. Then out followed Father Michael who grabbed his gear and put it over his head, ran past shocked onlookers, jumped into the car and the clergymen sped off.

After speeding out of the area, Reverend John scoulded Father Michael. "I can't believe you just did that."

"Did what," said Father Michael

"I'm absolutely disgusted with you" said Reverend John

"What do you mean," quizzed Father Michael

"I can't believe you ran past those parishioners without covering yourself up....don't you have any shame?"

"Look John," said Father Michael, "I don't know about you, but my parishioners recognise me by my face."

Back