Strange thing I've notice....

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Since Obama has taken over the Left Wing Media hasn't made many reports about the deaths of US Troops in Iraq or Afghanistan. I remember when Bush was in office nightly reports of US Troop Deaths. Constant reporting of "failure", etc....

Now, not a single freaking word..... Yup. No media bias what so ever.

Since Obama has taken over the Left Wing Media hasn't made many reports about the deaths of US Troops in Iraq or Afghanistan. I remember when Bush was in office nightly reports of US Troop Deaths. Constant reporting of "failure", etc....

Individual cases are reported but no, it is not politicized like it was against Bush. It is inevitable becuase of the nature of people who make up the Press corps. English majors with great GPAs (who then move to the Journalism school and become "journalists"), Actors (who become anchors)... generally left wing by nature.
The nature of the conflict has changed somewhat though.
The violence in Iraq has gone down and the US operations there are winding down.
The war in Afghanistan is actually something that still has the approval of most folks in the US.

The same can be said for right-wing media. Nothing new here.
The right wing has quit commenting on Bush's big spending, now that the real pros @ big spending are showing how big spending is done. The left wing still bashes Bush's spending while trying to minimize the vastness of Obama's.

It's not so much about spending itself but where it's being spent and how.
Actually the last time I checked I thought there were several criticisms about the changes that Obama is trying to push forward, not so much the goals, but the methods.
So to say that he is clear of criticism isn't quite fair either.

The right wing has quit commenting on Bush's big spending, now that the real pros @ big spending are showing how big spending is done. The left wing still bashes Bush's spending while trying to minimize the vastness of Obama's.
Because Bush can't spend any more... :roll:

Actually, I just finished reading an article that appeared on my homepage about a suicide bombing in Iraq. Killed 39 civilians, I believe it said.

And George, I much prefer the current "tax and spend" system to the prior administration's "don't tax but still spend" concept that was a recipe for disaster.

Actually, I just finished reading an article that appeared on my homepage about a suicide bombing in Iraq. Killed 39 civilians, I believe it said.

And George, I much prefer the current "tax and spend" system to the prior administration's "don't tax but still spend" concept that was a recipe for disaster.
Who wasn't taxing? No protests about being under/no tax(ed) on 4-15 in my neighborhood. Taxing & spending through the roof doesn't work well either.He's in track to double the debt, twice what Bush & all previous Presidents have spent.
Are the bombings in Iraq the last week or so lead items on the evening news?

You know a strange thing I have noticed?

This entire thread can be broken up into:
A. Republican Supporter = Obama totally bad.
B. Democrat Supporter = Bush totally bad.

How about both sides just get over themselves and realise that good ideas can come from anywhere even independents.

Still I guess there is nothing that shouts freedom like strict adherence to party lines.

Who wasn't taxing? No protests about being under/no tax(ed) on 4-15 in my neighborhood. Taxing & spending through the roof doesn't work well either.He's in track to double the debt, twice what Bush & all previous Presidents have spent.
I guess it has never occurred to some that, that most of that spending was bought about by a collapse of the world's financial system which was as a result of policies supported by the last half dozen administrations???

Obama bad bad boy.

Lets open the other eye.

How about both sides just get over themselves and realise that good ideas can come from anywhere even independents.

Still I guess there is nothing that shouts freedom like strict adherence to party lines.

I'm pissing off both sides so I guess that makes me an independent.
Except the accusations against Obama right now are ridiculous.

This is America, we don't take advice from foreigners. :wink:

On a more serious note, I'm just hard pressed to come up with something Bush did that was good. He removed the terrorist-harboring Taliban from power, I'll give him that. But outside of that...

On a more serious note, I'm just hard pressed to come up with something Bush did that was good. He removed the terrorist-harboring Taliban from power, I'll give him that. But outside of that...

I think if you looked at the 90% of minor stuff that never made the newspapers you would discover that for the most part he did what every other President did while in office, it was only the major stuff that pissed people off and it will be the same with the Obama administration.

From a foreign point of view however Obama will have a much easier ride until he starts trying to lead the world which is exactly the same point Bush came unstuck.

The Life of Brian should be mandatory viewing world wide as it is probably the best political/religious satire ever made.

Well, he let that awful '94 AWB die (except in my state!) and he said we should put a man on Mars by 2040, this I approve of. Otherwise, I really cannot think of anything.

Back