Strange Russian police unit

RusCan2013

I found this picture while surfing online
file66zw7px8b2gcpynh30o_800_480.jpg

It's apparently a Russian paramilitary police unit, but it's really weird: I have never seen such a camouflage pattern on any such unit over there that I can think of. The vehicle fits, many of them ride in armored GAZ Tigr trucks.
Moscow_OMON_SPM-1.jpg

But the camos I cannot place at all.

Here are some:

OMON
F_33%20copy.jpg

OMON special unit (such as "Zubr", "Vityaz", etc, like, police specnaz)
0564fd67c08e.jpg

SOBR (like SWAT)
0_88c0a_4a603a8f_orig.jpg

Quite frankly, the only agency in Russia that actually has camouflage and gear somewhat resembling the one in the first photo is the FSB, their specnaz units, like the legendary "Alfa"
file.php

anons-mag1.jpg

126872809.jpg

706cf24b1dfd.jpg

But the color is all wrong and why would Alfa be riding in a Ministry of Internal Affairs vehicle: the MVD and the FSB hate each other, going back to the 1970s, when drunk cops illegally arrested and then ended up murdering a KGB officer in Moscow, setting of an inter-agency war for years which still simmers today. In February 2012, for example, in Novosibirsk, was a brutal bar brawl between some local SOBR guys just returned from a tour of duty in North Caucasus, and a group of off-duty FSB agents. One FSB guy was killed and one seriously hurt, I think got a chair put through his head. Supposedly the FBies started it, the barman later testified here were insults traded back and fourth between the two groups of men all evening and then one of the FSB guys sprayed something at the SOBR table, tear gas or pepper spray, and a chair flew back at him and off it went.
http://police-russia.info/index.php...k-v-drake-s-policejskimi-pogib-sotrudnik-fsb/

So, yeah, no way a FSB unit would ride in an MVD vehicle lmao

Weird though... Like I said, literally never have I seen such a camouflage color or pattern not just on any MVD force, but on any Russian unit at all, internal or military... Putin gone and created something entirely new?

It looks to me like late model (2009-2010) SURPAT camo to me...

surpat1.jpg

SURPAT® is officially used by special units of Russian Police, President Guard, Federal Security Service and Federal Service for Drugs Traffic Control.

Or maybe I am looking at the wrong photo.

Right you are
medved.jpg

0_3e2c9_ae73eff0_XL.jpg

207_18914_559256.jpg

Huh! They even have a darker variation
1310552513_35bbf9ce8516.jpg

Seems I've been away too long, underestimate my old motherland. :D

They can come up with some decent camos. Too bad most military units can't afford any of that ****, and just fight in good old Soviet gear
KLMKPKMSmersh00h267gw.jpg

lol Which isn't bad, by the way. In those days they knew how to make combat uniforms. Never wear down or tear or anything, so I'm told.

Putin's notorious riot police, the OMOH, are best viewed standing near mirrors.

Putin's notorious riot police, the OMOH, are best viewed standing near mirrors.

Attachments

• 1001437_740278029334986_1049808935_n.jpg
    1001437_740278029334986_1049808935_n.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 6
The SLavs are the outdate and backward.

Don't you know the the policeman department of US put robots in service nowdays?

20060118111650869.jpg

Been there not too long ago. It's sad how the system is manipulated and abused by the authorities themselves.

well i once saw documentary about spetsnaz Gru and they ware wearing that camo so maybe its them from what i saw they do use few camo types

Back