A strange request.

Yes Viper, the HP rotor is only a bit over 2 metres long (but very heavy), and it had been flown all the way from the UK only to be dropped on the tarmac by the forklift from about 2 metres.

I thought our Engineer "The Ferret" was going to jump on his hat when it happened, he immediately took the serial number of the one that was dropped and said that he would not accept it under any circumstances. Whoo hoo!!,... another six or seven weeks in Singapore while they assembled a new one and flew it out. :bravo:
All the way back to the Dockyard the driver and I could hardly stop ourselves from cheering and jumping about, but with The Ferret jammed in the front of the truck with us, we didn't think that it would have been well received.

The Ferret, despite his nickname was actually a really nice chap, (most Engineers were), he was called that because his name was Ferrier.

Now that is a beautifully made model, I'd say it's a 1900 - 1920 vintage engine.

Erm, I'm not Viper lol. But thanks for the info.:mrgreen:

Did you buy the forklift driver a few beers? lol.:drink:

Erm, I'm not Viper lol. But thanks for the info.:mrgreen:

Did you buy the forklift driver a few beers? lol.:drink:
Haha,... I'm glad someone is awake, that's what happens when you are trying to do too many things all at the same time.

Upon reflection, we certainly owed him a few drinks, y'never know, we could have run into him down at the bars in Sembawang. Anyway, no doubt you'll be glad to know we used the time wisely making the bar owners and Taxi drivers rich.:angel:

My Singapore wife, and shoeshine boy "Scruffy" did alright too. I used to give him a dollar or two every night and he kept all the others away, we all joined up when the bars emptied out most nights, at Eileen Tan's makan stall for a nosh up, and on Friday night's Brenda and I would take him into the amusement park for a few hours to run riot.

They were probably some of the best times I ever had in the Navy.

Haha,... I'm glad someone is awake, that's what happens when you are trying to do too many things all at the same time.

Upon reflection, we certainly owed him a few drinks, y'never know, we could have run into him down at the bars in Sembawang. Anyway, no doubt you'll be glad to know we used the time wisely making the bar owners and Taxi drivers rich.:angel:

My Singapore wife, and shoeshine boy "Scruffy" did alright too. I used to give him a dollar or two every night and he kept all the others away, we all joined up when the bars emptied out most nights, at Eileen Tan's makan stall for a nosh up, and on Friday night's Brenda and I would take him into the amusement park for a few hours to run riot.

They were probably some of the best times I ever had in the Navy.

There was a bar along the Tanglin road at the top of Orchard Road, owned by an 80 year old woman who was a POW under the japs. She outlived her husband and her daughters

My favourite stop to or from Bugis Street was the "Half Way House" at Bukit Timah.

Then there was the Tokyo bar...............nuff said.;)

I know one thing, it was the best time oversea's I had in the RAF although I went back to UK broke lol.

There was a bar along the Tanglin road at the top of Orchard Road, owned by an 80 year old woman who was a POW under the japs. She outlived her husband and her daughters

My favourite stop to or from Bugis Street was the "Half Way House" at Bukit Timah.

Then there was the Tokyo bar...............nuff said.;)

I know one thing, it was the best time oversea's I had in the RAF although I went back to UK broke lol.

Well, Opa Brit, you did not go back to UK broke, you have some, if not all, fond memories of your posting here in Singapore.

:):):):)

Well, Opa Brit, you did not go back to UK broke, you have some, if not all, fond memories of your posting here in Singapore.

:):):):)

Quite right Viper, quite right.:thumb:

Our CO organised a trip to the Tiger beer brewery. In the bar later we told the guide we want to drink them dry, the guide laughed "Impossible" he said, our CO replied "You don't know my blokes.":cheers:

The CO almost had to drag us out kicking and screaming.:drunkb:

Quite right Viper, quite right.:thumb:

Our CO organised a trip to the Tiger beer brewery. In the bar later we told the guide we want to drink them dry, the guide laughed "Impossible" he said, our CO replied "You don't know my blokes.":cheers:

The CO almost had to drag us out kicking and screaming.:drunkb:

The CO almost had to drag us out kicking and screaming- that brings me to a quick question- you guys or the CO?

For those of you wondering why the hell I started this thread, Well I have labor day weekend off.

img_8745_minecraft-tutorial-building-the-lusitania-part-12.jpg

Pretty much somes up my plans this weekend.

Back