--

May 13th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Reminds me of this story that was posted a while back:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...ad.php?t=11697

Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
See, some people just dont realize that doctors go through more trauma than the men and women on the front lines...
It happens on the civilian side, too. As a ski patroller, I lost a beautiful 17 year-old girl after she hit a tree at approximately 35-40 MPH (estimated by NYS Police as part of their investigation), without a helmet. None of us that worked on her slept that night, and I still think about her from time to time (this happened in JAN 2004). The person who had it worst was the doc who called her parents to tell her she'd been in an accident, as he has children her age.
May 14th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Sure does...All doctors get my unwaivering respect, gratitude, and sympathy for that matter.Let me change that...All MEDICAL PERSONNEL get my unwaivering respect, gratitude, and sympathy.
May 14th, 2006  
moving0target

Thank God for these folks. The soldiers on the sharp end, and the docs that put them back together again. I can't even imagine what it'd be like from either side.

Imagine how many more kids could have come home from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam if this level of training and technology had been available then. They certainly would have been different wars.
--
May 14th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Lord yes they would have. We coulda had so many more men come home..