Stolen valor / valour ( Walts )

Civilians fail to recognize the value of all specialties in the service. All most civilians think of is "kill kill kill", but it's far more than that. EVERYONE in the service has a role, and while they may seem or feel minor, they aren't.
- The cook feeds the troops when they get out of the field.
- The dentist keeps their teeth in good shape (let's see you fight with a root canal needing done).
- The small guy in back shuffling files (like Klinger did in M*A*S*H*), his papers get the soldiers their supplies and manages their admin work.
- The corpman, that's not just a couple of wounded soldiers he's carrying into Triage, those wounded soldiers could be you (then you'll see how valuable Triage is).
- that guy in the army printshop, aka "the lithographer", he gets the news to the troops but he also prepares critical documents en'masse for troop administration.

Everything has a purpose, everyone has a role.

Me, I have had a lot of difficulty with even former servicemen because of my service. Doesn't matter if they're army, marines, air force or navy- somethings even they don't understand.

I won;'t lie about what I did, but I won't tell everything because no one needs to know. I wasn't in long, I was not fortunate enough to serve overseas, and I never served in combat. But I had a role that I filled according to contract, and nothing makes them any madder than when I refuse to tell what that role was. Somethings they don't understand. I served, I have a DD214, and I got thanks.

Wurx pher me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxN1...php?f=29&t=13209&feature=player_embedded#t=13
In responce.>>
( not by me ) >
I would put no more store by his 'bad cop' suggestions, hints, and threats that he, his non-existent lawyers and his 'people' are actively looking to uncover the identities of certain ARRSErs, than I would attribute to any of the other nonsense his puts about. If Sardaukar is like any of the Finns I’ve ever encountered, then he’s laughing his head off at the thought of leather jacket-clad knuckleheads trawling about Malta searching him out.

Of course, the crux of the matter here is that we 'failures' here on ARRSE are not the issue, Shortt, and his fantasy world of bogus titles and military 'experience', is. Nowhere in that 4:33 mins video did I hear any attempt to address the questions which have been repeatedly raised as to his use of military and aristocratic rank, his wearing of medals, his claims of 'service' in the Special Air Service, Paras, Royal Marines etc., and every other dubious and comic-opera aspect of the entire Shortt enterprise. To that extent, his response in this video falls flat, as it is little more than an attempt to deflect and dodge criticism. That said, it is telling in itself that he has felt it necessary to give this interview at all, as it would indicate that the pressure is mounting and starting to tell.

So my advice to Jimbo is…keep it going. Keep ducking and diving, keep threatening all and sundry with legal action, keep trying to portray us all as failures, secretly eaten up by envy of your 'achievements'.

13, even if they are in the system, if other vets don't "feel" their work was good enough, they're somehow fakes. Been through that before.

13, even if they are in the system, if other vets don't "feel" their work was good enough, they're somehow fakes. Been through that before.

Guys this is no ordinary 'Walt'
The comments speak for themselves..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRV1-w_rkE

In the initial version comments were barred (I wander why :roll:?)
So someone re-uploaded it :)

the_13th_redneck said:
Why is it so hard to expose someone as a military fraud? If he's not in the system, he's a fake. Down and simple.
Not so simple. He's made a huge ammount of money out of it and conned a lot of people, ( including Americans ) and he is still at it! ( Just ) :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it so hard to expose someone as a military fraud? If he's not in the system, he's a fake. Down and simple.

I`m in the process of exposing a fake SEAL. He is a moderator on another forum, and has been posing for years. I`ve provided 100% foolproof evidence that he`s a fraud to other mods on the forum, but they keep defending him. We`re in a dialogue now, I hope to finally convince them soon. People are reluctant to think that their friends, loved ones, etc. are frauds who steal the blood, sweat, tears, and sacrifices of those that are real. It`s sickening.

Yeah like qualifications and stuff right?

Still saying. I can't imagine how they can't just go to the military and say, "Mr. Such and such who apparently served in the what between when and when..." and it's not in the system he's a fake.

If I became famous and I told people about my military credentials and they wanted proof, I could get them official government proof, photographs, testimonials from people who served with me, many of whom probably have photos taken with me somewhere as well and in fact, locals at the place I served would still recognize me.

I`m in the process of exposing a fake SEAL. He is a moderator on another forum, and has been posing for years. I`ve provided 100% foolproof evidence that he`s a fraud to other mods on the forum, but they keep defending him. We`re in a dialogue now, I hope to finally convince them soon. People are reluctant to think that their friends, loved ones, etc. are frauds who steal the blood, sweat, tears, and sacrifices of those that are real. It`s sickening.
Know the feeling :wink:

Still saying. I can't imagine how they can't just go to the military and say, "Mr. Such and such who apparently served in the what between when and when..." and it's not in the system he's a fake.
We have!! And the police, and Westminster, and the press, ( Who exposed him in part ) Still no action taken legaly :x Gulliable friends in westminster and the military very high up? ( An embarrasment ) Go figure!
Did I post his CV ??

So there's irrefutable proof that he is a fake and you can't take him to court over it? or has he been put on trial only for the case to be dismissed or for him to be declared not guilty?

Personally i have more to do with my life. there's no "Valour" in having been a serviceman, and that is what he is claiming.

The only ones who can claim that, sadly,.. are dead, and this idiot's not one of them. Life goes on, we must stop living in the reflected glory of those who paid the supreme sacrifice otherwise we are nearly as bad as the pretenders.
I believe the author is simply referencing the American law which is titled the Stolen Valour Act.

I like when some guy says he served in Vietnam as "special forces" and "I was with MACV/SOG--special operations group" when anyone who has ever read a book about Vietnam knows that somethings not right.

Other one was "Oh, my file is classfied...no one can read it."

Oh, you mean know one like your commanding officer or your XO...etc?

If I became famous and I told people about my military credentials and they wanted proof, I could get them official government proof, photographs, testimonials from people who served with me, many of whom probably have photos taken with me somewhere as well and in fact, locals at the place I served would still recognize me.
Exactly. And I can do the same as well.

What I find amazing is how many "vets" criticize me for my minimal training (I ain't got diddly doo haa for training, really), I have been asked for a copy of my FULL DD-214 (not the little snippet for employers) and in several cases for a summary of my medical recors (since it was a medical-based discharge). Yet they refuse to show me ANYTHING on their discharge?

A good number of them are/were Vietnam vets, or claimed to be. I recall getting into argument after argument with these "'Nam vets" (if they really were), they would be all torn up and upset over being forced into serving in 'Nam, and I'm like, "I'm sorry they drafted you. I don't think the draft were right for that conflict under those circumstances", only to hear them (EVERY single one of them, in fact) say "I wasn't drafted, I enlisted". I nearly die laughing! I won't laugh at the atrocities of war, not even the Vietnam conflict. But I laugh when people get all bent out of shape because they enlisted but they didn't want to go to war. Hey, no one likes war. Only ones that do are (in my opinion) sick and demented. War is hell. But enlisting and then hating the service because they had to go to war, that's like going to the beach and expecting to not get sand in your shoes. Might happen and it might not, but you can't complain if it happens. If you don't want to get sand in your shoes, don't go to the beach.

I enlisted, not to go to war, but to help keep peace. Never was fortunate enough to go overseas, but then, if called, I'd go without complaint. I wasn't there to debate policy, but to be trained and follow lawful orders.

NOTHING is worse than these dirtbags that make claims of being something they aren't. Is it really stolen valor? Well, it's not exactly stolen and no one loses anything. But they are acquiring what they have not earned.
I served, and I can verify I served (and offered such verification to the moderators of this group).

IMO those who cannot/will not verify such to those of verified/qualified authority should have their nuts cut off and shoved down their throats.
:santam16: :9mm: :bang:

I THINK AZ & REDNECK R RIGHT EXPOSE THE FELLOW OR MADAM THAT THINK THEY CAN FOOL SOCIETY FOR WHO THEY ARE NOT,THAT HURTS ALL THE VETS THAT GET THE HELP THEY NEED. SO EXPOSE THEM DEARLY .....

Exactly. And I can do the same as well.

NOTHING is worse than these dirtbags that make claims of being something they aren't. Is it really stolen valor? Well, it's not exactly stolen and no one loses anything. But they are acquiring what they have not earned.
I served, and I can verify I served (and offered such verification to the moderators of this group).

IMO those who cannot/will not verify such to those of verified/qualified authority should have their nuts cut off and shoved down their throats.
:santam16: :9mm: :bang:

Totally agree Sir.
:smil:

BTW. He has aparantly started to 'lose it' :)

Back