Still think Russia can keep up with USA?

Did they ever TRULY keep up? They threw everything they had into keeping up appearances and military. They were always way behind in civilian and peacetime matter, except for their obsession with the space-race and the Olympics. Honestly, who's gonna buy a car from Russia if they can help it?

This proves how dumb some people can be....You can go to globalsecurity and look up the specs and a few pictures of everyone of those weapons listed....same with the Russia ones :lol:

Dameon said:
This proves how dumb some people can be....You can go to globalsecurity and look up the specs and a few pictures of everyone of those weapons listed....same with the Russia ones :lol:
Well, not the Aurora though. I've heard of there being pictures, but there seems to be a complete lack of agreement what the thing even looks like. Some say triangle, othes say it has folding wings similar to the B1 or F14, and there are many more theories. It is interesting that the article claims that the Aurora crossed the USSR at hypersonic (mach 6+ roughly) speeds without be detected by anything.

Its amusing that the former Soviet Union is so desperately interested in keeping up with any and all US military technology, yet after coming up with something brilliant like the Mig 1.4 (if the specs are even true) or even the SU-47, they lack the ability mass produce them. You feel bad for them, but what can you do?

Economics, maybe they are not able to be like the US..

But Russia is huge and is a world of its own.

Still think Russia can keep up with USA?

Yes they will togheter with China because these nations have a very, very close cooperation between each other. The picture of we dont like Russia or former Soviet Union or the picture of we hate China is only a national, regional political front to win votes and the peoples trust. Who drives U.S astronauts to the spacestations today? Russia do. I dont think there is so big differances between these nations at all. My two cents. :roll:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

dude, as a russian i can tell you that that page was from the SCIFI section of the paper. As i kid I used to love it

Don't underestimate the Russians. There are a lot of them and if really want to they can create a mess. They can't match US when it comes to sophistication of the weapons. But you don't need the fanciest weapons to win. You just need a lot of weapons and a lot of soldiers that do what you tell them to do.

Russia doesn't have the political will to attack any western country now but who knows if some nutcase takes over there in some years.

For me it's much closer to Moscow than to Washington. I haven't ruled out them yet. Sorry to say.

"The newspaper Pravda analyzes events from the point of view of the Party's interests, whereas PRAVDA On-line takes a pro-Russian approach to forming its policy."

That is a statement from initial website...I smell biased media

that's possible

but recently impossible, uncle sam's dollar and EU's euro is attractive, US and other western countries's destination is clear, to control Russia's economy and reduce their power which previous had in soviet union.in recent years nuclear missiles and bombs wrecked and destroied with US's help, US offer lots of money to do it.the number of US's nuclearhead is much higher than Russia now, also shift our eyes to Russia navy , land force , air force . almost no new and advanced weapons equiped in two or three years, on the antiterro war Russia still feel sweaty. why? because they need time to recover their power, that's just a transition. just transition. in case they revival, be careful to this nation. :twisted: :twisted: horrible!!!!!

If we are allowed to use the "common sense", then we can surely predict following:

1. in 2050, Russia will not reach the average GDP of USA.
2. in 2050, Russia's population will be only 1/3 or 1/4 of that of USA.

Then you can know, Russia cannot reach USA in a long long time.
Only if something magic happens then it can, for example USA and China fought a big war and both become as good as half dead, then Russia may re-arise to sole superpower and controls the world ( I don't think EU pose a big challege to Russia before EU got really united like one man, and I believe India would happily to see China and USA are gone after the war).

Back