Steam users, help help !

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
Okay, so I went to log in my account on steam, and then it said, "This steam account has been disabled". What!??? :|

What should I do now????

Okay, so I went to log in my account on steam, and then it said, "This steam account has been disabled". What!??? :|

What should I do now????

Now you know why its called Scream er... I mean Steam
You need to contact Valve...

yeah I did contact , steam. They are giving me auto responses, crap.
I gues its 'hijacked'. But I dont know how exactly. Thing is I want to contact a real person, not some auto response thing. *sigh* :cry:

I'm not going to judge you Macbeth, as I have er...bent the rules myself from time to time.

But very often the disabling of accounts on STEAM is very often due to a pirated license key, and VALVE is very strict about this sort of thing. Either thone you are using is a copy, or if you did buy it somebody got hold of your key.

Hmm, I've been using Steam since release and it's been pretty much problem-free the entire time. From the amount of bashing Steam takes on message boards, it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't any trouble.

You need to contact VALVe.

I'm not going to judge you Macbeth, as I have er...bent the rules myself from time to time.

But very often the disabling of accounts on STEAM is very often due to a pirated license key, and VALVE is very strict about this sort of thing. Either thone you are using is a copy, or if you did buy it somebody got hold of your key.

Then some motherless bas-
tar,d got hold of my key. I am contacting valve still, and reporting a hijacked or stolen account, and they require a picture of the original key. Ha! something that motherless goat doesnt have

Steam is an online content delivery service owned and operated by VALVe, the developers of the famous Half-Life PC games. They sell their games directly over the internet with Steam, as well as many other games made by other developers. This way, they can cut out the middleman (publisher) and get all the profits from their games (well, almost; they still sell boxed copies in stores for those who don't have broadband or simply want a hard copy). Some of the games available on Steam are Steam-exclusive, especially the ones based on the Source engine.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about technical problems with Steam, especially in the months after its initial release. Some mods were broken by it, but they all work today, AFAIK.

when i used to play games, i rarely, if ever, had problems with steam.
my computer on the other hand.....

Steam works fine by me, dont get moi wrong, I liked it.

Except.. the events that are occuring now arent very happy.

Cause I dont get it. My account is disabled and I done nothing wrong (what could I have possible done wrong??? nothing!). So there must have been something else. Where is the steam and valve HQ anyway ?

Steam seems to be down today, at least for me. After I enter the password, it tries to connect and says "Steam is having trouble accessing the server" or some such. Can't play RO or NS. Is it just me?

Back