Stealth Bombers Could Form Part of Joint Exercise

rock45

Stealth Bombers Could Form Part of Joint Exercise
B-2 stealth bombers and F-22 stealth fighters of the U.S. could be deployed in a joint exercise with South Korean troops amid signs that North Korea is preparing to launch a long-range missile. The Key Resolve/Foal Eagle exercise will be staged from March 9 to 20. On Feb. 25, the U.S. deployed four B-2 stealth bombers at Andersen Air Force Base, the U.S.'s key strategic base in the Asian and Pacific region, relieving six B-52s of duties there. Earlier in January, the U.S. deployed 12 F-22 stealth fighters, the world's most formidable fighter jets, at Kadena Air Base in southern Okinawa of Japan for a three-month tour of duty.
B-2s and F-22s are stealth aircraft that cannot be detected by radar. They would be tasked to attack major strategic targets in North Korea or intercept North Korean fighters in case of war on the Korean Peninsula.
Experts say the U.S. could deploy these stealth aircraft in the Key Resolve/Foal Eagle exercise as a show of force if North Korea should continue to aggravate the situation. Up until 2007, the U.S. had temporarily deployed F-117 stealth fighter-bombers on the Korean Peninsula several times when South Korean-U.S. joint military exercises were staged.
The U.S. recently staged a joint exercise of F-22s and B-2s for the first time in the Pacific region. Air Force General Howie Chandler, commander of U.S. Pacific Air Force, was quoted by Reuters as saying this at a symposium of the U.S. Air Force Association held in Orlando, Florida on Feb. 27.
An officer at the U.S. Forces Korea headquarters said, "I have no idea yet" whether such stealth aircraft will be deployed in the joint exercise or not. About 26,000 U.S. troops, about 12,000 U.S. forces in Korea and some 14,000 U.S. troops stationed overseas, will participate in the exercise. A fleet of the nuclear-powered 97,000t-class aircraft carrier, USS John C. Stennis, will also be part of the drill alongside the South Korean Navy.
(englishnews@chosun.com )

Link
http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200903/200903050004.html

South Korea

I think the bases in South Korea are very important to the US presents in Asia period. I would like to see a little ways the down the road a F-22 squadron deployed to South Korea. To me Asia is the place where the US needs to expand in the next ten years or less.

Once i read that it says the F-22 is the most formidable fighter in the world, I knew this was all BS.

It's just not very cost effective and doesn't deliver as promised. But even then it's still the best.
Having said that, it's not a fighter jet I would have developed.

Your fetish for slightly modified Russian junk continues.

Its not slightly modified, it [The Su-35BM] has modifications to the airframe and the canards are removed [Though they most likely can be refitted].

And its not junk. Compared to the F-35 Lightning, the Su-35 is the most divine god.

Stealth means you see the enemy before it sees you. It seems to mean nothing only to those who have a thing for Russian junk and only because the Russians don't have anything to reply with.

The F-22's stealth becomes innefective once it opens its bomb-bay doors and fires a missile, and a Sukhoi or MiG will be able to lock onto it and engage. If the Sukhoi/MiG was ABOVE four F-22's opening bomb-bay doors, you can kiss those F-22's goodbye, the pulse doppler look down/shoot down system will blast your 'stealth' out of the sky.

But thats BVR, imagine what it would be like in visual range..

Also, Russia is designing the PAK-FA, which is due to fly sometime this year. The PAK-FA will, as usual with Russian planes, will have supremacy when it comes to visual range air combat.

It would be wiser for the USAF to look of developing F-15/18/16 type aircraft. It would be worth the money then.

I dont pretend to be a proffesional on aircraft, but this is what I have read, seen and heard about. Of course, if you see any flaws I can ask one of my friends about it[Who is a genious when it comes to military aircraft].

Im not, im saying that we ARE on topic, because we are discussing the F-22 'Raptor' which is a STEALTH fighter compared to other 4++ generation aircraft.

Seeing as the topic is oriented about Stealth, that means its not off topic, isnt it?

Back