Stealth Bombers Could Form Part of Joint Exercise - Page 2

--

March 10th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Stealth means you see the enemy before it sees you. It seems to mean nothing only to those who have a thing for Russian junk and only because the Russians don't have anything to reply with.
March 10th, 2009  
Balkan-MiG

The F-22's stealth becomes innefective once it opens its bomb-bay doors and fires a missile, and a Sukhoi or MiG will be able to lock onto it and engage. If the Sukhoi/MiG was ABOVE four F-22's opening bomb-bay doors, you can kiss those F-22's goodbye, the pulse doppler look down/shoot down system will blast your 'stealth' out of the sky.

But thats BVR, imagine what it would be like in visual range..

Also, Russia is designing the PAK-FA, which is due to fly sometime this year. The PAK-FA will, as usual with Russian planes, will have supremacy when it comes to visual range air combat.

It would be wiser for the USAF to look of developing F-15/18/16 type aircraft. It would be worth the money then.
March 10th, 2009  
A Can of Man

There's actually quite a few flaws in what you just said. I'll let you wonder what they are.
--
March 10th, 2009  
Balkan-MiG

Id prefer it if you pointed them out to me instead.
March 10th, 2009  
A Can of Man

No, I'll let you figure it out since you know so much.
March 11th, 2009  
Balkan-MiG

I dont pretend to be a proffesional on aircraft, but this is what I have read, seen and heard about. Of course, if you see any flaws I can ask one of my friends about it[Who is a genious when it comes to military aircraft].
March 11th, 2009  
tomtom22

WARNING

Stick to the subject of the thread.
March 11th, 2009  
Balkan-MiG

But we are?
March 11th, 2009  
tomtom22

Don't argue with a mod.
March 11th, 2009  
Balkan-MiG

Im not, im saying that we ARE on topic, because we are discussing the F-22 'Raptor' which is a STEALTH fighter compared to other 4++ generation aircraft.

Seeing as the topic is oriented about Stealth, that means its not off topic, isnt it?