State Guard Questions

Big_T87

My name is Bryant and I live in Washington State. Been on these forums for a while now going through random questions, but now I need some help.

I am looking at the Washington State Guard, not the National Guard, but just the State Guard. Is there anyone on here that has been in the State Guard in there local area and can tell me what it's like? I will be contacting my state's office shortly, but with the once a month volunteering, is it worth the experience and does it show well on job applications after your volunteer time?

I do thank anyone for help on this!

Last edited:
Read an erticle years ago about the Fla. State Guard. Fla issued caps, belts & other peripheral items to members, no uniforms or weopans. Don't think too many even know such organizations even exist.

Why not man up for the real deal?

Looks great on resumes. Makes a man of you as well. Get off your porch and have some real life experiences being part of something.

State guard is a bunch of sillies dressing up like soldiers and convincing their sorry selves they have accomplished something.

It's more for the volunteering. I work a full time job, I'm married, just more want to help out around our city. I've looked at the National Guard and have thought about it, but to do that I may go back and finish my bachelors so I can get into the Officer School. I'm just more of looking for information, seeing if anyone has done the volunteer side of things.

Back