Starship Troopers 3

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Who's seen it?
It's a weird movie but still fun enough to watch. They finally brought the power suits! Not quite the way they are supposed to be but close enough.

I hope it's better than second.....

I think it will. Casper Van Dien (Johnny Rico) produced the third film. He had nothing to do with the second one. I'm a big fan of Starship Troopers (Both the Novel and the first film).

I watched 5 minutes of number II and then turned it off. How such a great movie like Starship Troopers could spawn a sequal like that is beyond me. I hope the third installment is a good one.

Anyways I seen it and the 3rd one is more like the first one.
Nothing like the second.
If you're a fan it's well worth watching.

Now, I have seen it, and It's much better than last one. I hope there would the fourth Starship Trooper movie because the war is still going on!

what i never got, and maybe you guys can explain, is whats up with no tanks?
I mean, at least for all the open terrain warfare in the first one....i havent seen the others, maybe there are tanks on those.

I seriously doubt they would find much problem with making one completely resistants to at least the smaller buggs, and it could litteraly run them over.:)just wondering?

It's explained in the book but not in the movies (and it doesn't make much sense in the movies). In the book, the power armor is how they always went to war and it's been faster and just as hard hitting as a tank so there was no real need for them.
Personally I don't know why they don't use bug spray. ;)

That's what I mean.
Just spray the bastards and then pick out the ones who survive the spray. Can't be THAT many.

I found #3 very well made, a lot better then #2...

I enjoyed #1 also.

have all 3 DVDs......

Hope they make a #4 and more.....:p

I was planning on renting #3. #2 was hands down one of the WORST movies I have ever seen. Too predictable, too campy. Hated it and I was thinking of writing the director and asking for that part of my life back. Saw the preview for #3 in theaters and was waiting for it to come out on DVD.

Book was great. #1 is hilarious when you watch with the directors commentary on. Best part was when Verhooven said that Facism is biological. Verhooven was trying to make an antiwar statement and it backfired.

Starship Troopers 1 wasn't anti-war at all. Yeah it did backfire. BIG TIME.
I don't have a SST 1 DVD so I can't get commentary. Hmmm... maybe I ought to get it.
Starship Troopers 2 was made on a VERY tight budget and was something that really had to be worked out to fill a demand to which there was no supply. It wasn't a very good movie at all if you treat it as a movie. It's more like a tie in between 1 and 2. It's not related but a 10 year wait is a little bit on the long side.
Starship Troopers 3 was also made on a very tight budget so the graphics at points in the movie do look a little dated but if you don't let that bother you, it's pretty damned good! And it attempts to bridge the gap between the book and the movie.

Starship Troopers 1 wasn't anti-war at all. Yeah it did backfire. BIG TIME.
I don't have a SST 1 DVD so I can't get commentary. Hmmm... maybe I ought to get it.
Starship Troopers 2 was made on a VERY tight budget and was something that really had to be worked out to fill a demand to which there was no supply. It wasn't a very good movie at all if you treat it as a movie. It's more like a tie in between 1 and 2. It's not related but a 10 year wait is a little bit on the long side.
Starship Troopers 3 was also made on a very tight budget so the graphics at points in the movie do look a little dated but if you don't let that bother you, it's pretty damned good! And it attempts to bridge the gap between the book and the movie.

I think the anti war message is pretty subtle. Verhooven was going over the top, so to speak. All of the uniforms are based on Wermacht and SS uniforms from WWII. A lot of the commercials from the Federal Net are chock full of propaganda. If you look really close you can see them, there just really subtle.

Back