Stargate Universe Anyone??

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Stargate Universe (SG-U) has just started here in Norway, and since I've seen the entire Stargate SG-1 series earlier I started to follow SG-U as well now.
But we've only had a few episodes here so far so I really haven't decided if I like it or not yet..

Anyone else following the series?

I didn't even know they made another Stargate....Yeah, I pay attention. Really. LOL :)

I have followed it. It is interesting and has a lot of plot twists. I follow it off and on. It is watchable but not so much I can't miss it now and then.

I forget what episode they are up to but I think it is actually the second season here.

Well having finally watched the first season I really think it is in a close race for the most uninspiring Science fiction series I have ever watched with the remake of Battlestar Galactica, both of them promise a lot and deliver nothing but yawns.

Well having finally watched the first season I really think it is in a close race for the most uninspiring Science fiction series I have ever watched with the remake of Battlestar Galactica, both of them promise a lot and deliver nothing but yawns.

Yeah I agree with you there..
The first season is over here now, and even if I watched all episodes I'm not so sure that I'll bother to see season 2.

I used to watch some but it was too Sci Fi and too little military to hold my interest.
The original Stargate pilot episode got me interested but after that it got far too Star Trek.

Yeah I agree with you there..
The first season is over here now, and even if I watched all episodes I'm not so sure that I'll bother to see season 2.

It is a shame as I enjoyed the first 5 seasons of Stargate SG-1 but by season 8 it had reverted to the same moralistic crap that other long running series degenerate into, I am not sure I even bothered with season 9 and 10.

SG-U I doubt will make it to season 5 without some action being injected into the show, there is only so much you can do when the universe appears to be a couple of rooms on a very odd looking ship.

you know, i never really got into that :p but maybe i'll pick up a season boxset, something to go good with a bottle of jack?

I liked SG-1 and Atlantis but Universe is just so slow and dull, its only in the last few episodes that it actually got interesting enough as to want to check out the next season. It was about halfway through the season before they even made any enemies other than between the crew, the civilians wanting to run things because they don't think the military is up to the job is a pathetic joke considering the circumstances and the storlines seem to be more focused on whos screwing who. Its like wathching a Sci/Fi version of a daytime soap opera.
"Like meatloaf through a straw, so are the Days Of Our Lives" as they say.

Back