Stargate SG1 Gripe section

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Okay I read a few of you gripe about SG1 and yeah, I share the same feelings. That show could have been so much more. The Pilot episode showed promise and then it went all geeky and the people started to lose their uniforms.
It doesn't even try a half assed attempt at being realistic on the military side.

Here comes Jaffa. He's trained his whole life ... a staggering 200 years of learning nothing but killing, yet has the body of a 25 year old body builder. He's had experience in all kinds of combat over several campaigns. He's never lost. Obviously because he's alive lol. He's armed with a staff weapon that is beyond the technology of earth. There are 10 guys around him just like him. In walks geeky computer guy with a P-90 and in 15 seconds they're all blasted to hell.
Yeah
Right.

"It doesn't even try a half assed attempt at being realistic"

Uh, aren't you setting unrealistic standards for a show that's sci fi and by that in and of itself, unrealistic? Sheesh! Next you'lll be complaining that Superman's powers are completely unrealistic he he. ;)

the_13th_redneck said:
In walks geeky computer guy with a P-90 and in 15 seconds they're all blasted to h**l.
Yeah
Right.
Hehe P90 rocks :lol:

I don't think the series would have been much of a seller if Earth would be defeated...or if there weren't these idiotic scenes...SG1 is overrated anyway...when watching it I didn't feel that hype of watching a nice starship manouver in space...instead some crappy gateways and aliens looking like the Chipendales...for me it took the fun of Sci-Fi right out.

I like how in the Stargate movie the special forces run around cocking their weapons every 5 seconds then they wonder why they run outa' ammo so fast durring the battle... BECAUSE THERE'S LIKE 5,000 UNSPENT ROUNDSS ALL ON THE F*ING GROUND! :lol:

Back