• It's good

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It's bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know and I don't care

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Korean Seaboy

Okay, I know that Westerners think that us Koreans are crazy about Starcraft and the truth is that we are. There's shows and even channels devoted to that game. So, the question is, that is it a good military strategy game? I think so... You really need to get thinking like a general when you play this. Except for morale and supply lines, there's everything really....

Um, no. I played it for years and it's a great game but it has absolutely nothing to do with military strategy and if you think otherwise you're deluding yourself into thinking you're greater than you actually are.

It is a game but it is not a very good military simulation if that is what you are getting at. How everything is employed... nah, nothing like actual strategies and tactics. When you do your military service, try to volunteer for some serious infantry or other combat arms units. You will see that there is a huge difference.

I prefer "Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Something about killing nazi scum excites me.

I prefer "Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Something about killing nazi scum excites me.
Want to learn tactics employed like in RL?: From my POV Tacops (http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/tacops4.html) provides the most approriate and realistic ´80s and ´90s battle resolutions, on squad+ level up to BN level (it´s not adressing POV from one guy).

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The primary simulation focus of TacOps 4 is ground operations from the perspective of the battalion or regimental commander. You are a commander, not a gunner. Your control of weapons fire is limited to positioning your units with movement and disposition orders, setting minimum or maximum engagement ranges, and designating priority targets during the orders phase of a 60 second game turn.[/FONT]

I have yet to find -on that level - one game outcome where somebody won who did not have an understanding of basic tactical attitudes.

Rattler

Last edited:
Back