star wars book series

behemoth79

i was gonna add this to the current star wars movie thread but thought that it would be better as its own thread.

What do you guys think of the star wars books? the ones after episode 6 where Han and leia have kids and luke marries.

i hate to ruin it for everyone, but i was really upset when Chewbacca died. of course, only crashinga moon onto him could kill Chewie, but i thought that it was really sad, and also when Anakin Solo (not skywalker) dies, thats sad too. Han's first mate and his youngest son, both die.

ya those parts were pretty sad. but i loved it when anakin was a kid and he and sister were kidnapped by.... forgot his name but w/e its not important.... and there were taken to that moon. they made it a living hell for all the guards and eventually broke out.

I know that Anakin Solo dies, but how? I mistakenly read a book in that series that was after his death, and never got caught up in that series.

I love the fact that Luke and Mara Jade end up getting married.

v/r,
Andy

AJChenMPH said:
I know that Anakin Solo dies, but how? I mistakenly read a book in that series that was after his death, and never got caught up in that series.

I love the fact that Luke and Mara Jade end up getting married.

v/r,
Andy
ok, iv read the book about 10 times, it never gets better. anyways, you know about the Yuuzhan Vong right? ok, and the voxyn (sp)? good, well, the Vong are cloning the voxyn on Myrkr, a forest planet. the voxyn are Jedi-sensing bio-engineered beasts. anyways, the Jedi send a strike team of 17 Jedi led by Anakin Solo. other members are Jacen and Jaina Solo, Lowbacca, Tesar & Bela & Krasov, Jovan Drark, Tekli, Alema Rar, Zekk, Ganner Rysode, and several others.

their plan is for Lando Calrissian to pose as a Peace Brigader and turn them over to the Vong. then they take over the ship, steer it to Myrkr, kill the voxyn "queen" and then escape.

it goes according to plan. they take over the vong ship, steer it to Myrkr, but then one of the strike team members (who was wounded during the capture phase) sacrifices the ship to allow the rest of the team to covertly land on a Vong "worldship" orbiting Myrkr. the other 16 continue with their mission, trekking across the surface of the worldship, with hated enemy Nom Anor in pursuit. Nom Anor uses the bodies of his accompanying warriors to thin down the teams blaster packs and explosives. Anakin is wounded in one encounter with disguised Vong in a slave city. eventually, the team reaches a cloning area, and the team is attacked by a company of Vong warriors. Anakin becomes one with the force to slow down the attacking Vong and give his friends time to escape. he is literally torn apart by the Force energy within him, but he manages to destroy most of the Vong warriors and a bunch of young voxyn clones. Anakin's body is captured by the Vong as the strike team escapes. later, Jaina Solo and a few friends manage to recover his body. Jacen Solo destroys the voxyn queen, and Jaina captures Nom Anor's frigate to escape, but she is forced to leave Jacen behind.

well, thats the story, hope i didn't confuse you ;)

Back