Stanley "Tookie" Williams - what do you think? - Page 3

--
Boots

December 13th, 2005  
Warwick

How come you allow/have armed gangs in the USA????
Are they like whats shown in the movies ie armed with sub machine gums etc?
I am dumbfounded. I saw colours some years ago, why havent a task force cracked down and outlawed this behaviour?
Very interested in any comments please.
December 13th, 2005  
phoenix80

I believe FBI and other US law enforcement departments are fighting the gang groups as hard as they can!

Watch CNN's lou dobbs and you will hear a lot that many of them are from Latin America and most of them end up getting caught by Police would be sent back to their native countries (however they'd return later, LOL)!
December 13th, 2005  
bulldogg

Mate, the US doesn't allow gangs, they happen. It cannot be stopped anymore than the Sydney police can make King's Cross disappear.

Were I to fly back to LA today within an hour of clearing out of the airport I could buy, illegally, damn near anything I wanted short of a rocket launcher within a short drive of the airport. Availability of weapons is the reason they are armed with what they have.

As for the racial make-up of the gangs Pho it would be wrong to try and profile them as being mostly from latin america. I can most assuredly guarantee you that it is a function of poverty and low education and not their race, ethnic heritage or citizenship that entices kids to become gang bangers. And I would like to see some actual proof of the numbers you have claimed in this and another post on the subject. In all honesty I think you have been seduced by the rhetoric of those who are pushing a politically charged agenda of tightening immigration and building the new Berlin wall along the Rio Grande.
--
Boots
December 13th, 2005  
Chief Bones

Topic: Reason for "armed" gangs

The reasons that gangs are armed is a very complex situation and difficult to answer.

The easiest way to answer it I guess is as follows:

1) America is the most free country in the world with the largest number of freedoms guaranteed via our Constitution.

2) One of those freedoms is the right to own and to bear arms.

3) Search and seizure laws are STRICTLY enforced - without a Search Warrant that requires probable cause there can be no search.

4) Gangs are involved in the sale and distribution of drugs.

5) Large amount of money associated with the sale of drugs allows gangs to buy ANY weapon that can be imagined on the blackmarket.

It is NOT a question of allowing these gangs to be armed, it's a question of developing sufficient probable cause to get search warrants, serving the warrants, confiscating any weapon found, and putting the gang member(s) caught with weapons in prison.

The downside of a democratic country like the United States that guarantees the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, is the strictures placed upon our law enforcement agencies that not only protect the innocent, they ALSO protect those that are law breakers (Crip Gang armed with weapons who we know consistantly break our laws).

THE BATTLE FOR OUR STREETS CONTINUE AND WEAPONS LAWS CONTINUE TO BE STIFFENED.
December 13th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

17 minutes till a Tookie Williams Free World!

Well, there is only one thing I know about riots and gangs.

STK

(Shoot To Kill)

7 minutes and counting.
December 13th, 2005  
phoenix80

hehehehe!

Although I'd like to see a criminal free world, by all means, but I wouldn't countdown for death of another human being (although this one is a prevert or a natural born killer) but it is still a human being!
December 13th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

1 minute!!!!!!
December 13th, 2005  
phoenix80

CNN & NBC have a live coverage of it right now!
December 13th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

3:38AM EST
He's Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tookie Williams has left the building people. The world is now one scumbag less. Justice has been served and he's keeping his date with the devil.

HOORAH!
December 13th, 2005  
Ted

Holy crap you guys, you really loosing it this time!! You are almost as bad as they are at least they have the guts to wear a bandana with the colors. I hope your mailman doesn't have to do a at-the-door-delivery 5.56! The way you sound is that you'll blast him as soon as he touches your doorbell....
Not only are you vindictive, bloodthirsty and looking for an excuse to shoot somebody, but shortsightedness needs to be added too. So now he's dead, hooray He's been in jail for how many years? Crime really dropped because of that. So he's dead, I forgot number how much this is this year, but are the crime rates down? Sure you removed a rotten apple and it solved diddlysquat! He won't do anything anymore, but do you really think that others are suddenly reconsidering stopping with crime? It won't matter how many you kill.... in a society so hostile, blood thirsty and living by the gun, you'll have ample people to execute. And my guess is it won't help one bit.