Standard ACU equipment?

G-ak47

Post; I need some info on the ACU equipment

Hi to all who are reading this!

I was hoping if you could help me with some information regarding to the ACU the US Army has. I was hoping to find out the standard uniform and equipment the basic soldier has, what are the issued items, etc.
Also, if MOLLe is still used or not? What type of helmet is used, the MICH, ACH,...? And Finally, what are the authorized online stores where you can get authorized items?

If, by any chance, some of this information is classified, then I apologize for any inconvinience I may caused.

Thank you very much!
:rambo:

Not to mention that Hawaiian shirts really stick out when you are trying to move tactically.

Not to mention that Hawaiian shirts really stick out when you are trying to move tactically.

As opposed to how ACUs stick out? My son calls ACUs "the camoflague uniform that doesn't blend in with anything" - sure didn't seem to in Afghanistan (unless they were covered in dirt anyway) and the ANA all wore woodland pattern BDU, so what exactly were we trying to blend in with :?:

But their digi man their digi......21st century. Who cares if ya blend as long as ya look really cool on post.

But their digi man their digi......21st century.

Yeah, but the Marines managed to get theirs right, the Navy's going to be using the Marine stuff for tactical wear, and even the Air Force's tigerstripe does a better job blending in than Army UCP. Someone made a big oopsie.

Yeah, but the Marines managed to get theirs right, the Navy's going to be using the Marine stuff for tactical wear, and even the Air Force's tigerstripe does a better job blending in than Army UCP. Someone made a big oopsie.

Yeah the Corps got theirs right. Wish I could wear em. Whoever decided that the ACU's was making a "fashion statement". Not a tactical one.

As opposed to how ACUs stick out? My son calls ACUs "the camoflague uniform that doesn't blend in with anything" - sure didn't seem to in Afghanistan (unless they were covered in dirt anyway) and the ANA all wore woodland pattern BDU, so what exactly were we trying to blend in with :?:

Agree. The ACU's only blend with really cheap furniture.
The marines have done it right. Wish we could use them. On the plus side the ACU's are much easier to wear (no starch required). On the negative side, in addition to what has already been mentioned I'm not a big fan of velcro and the ACU's have it EVERYWHERE. Should be buttons on the pockets and all else sewn on like the BDU's.

On the plus side the ACU's are much easier to wear (no starch required).

Only the Navy still starches utilities, and that's only because we haven't changed over to the NWU and other MARPAT-style tactical uniforms. They're all permanent press, so with the exception of a few tools, they're just wash and wear.

We still have to starch and press our regular woodland cammies.
RoKMC will be going digital soon. Too bad I won't be wearing those... arrrgh!!

Don't plan on fighting at night much, then? Kind of funny how much starch lights up under IR...

When you are fighting an opponent that doesn't have NV technology, the words uttered by Jesse Jackson come to mind.

"The question is moot."

Don;t know of any unit in the US military that is engaged in actual operations that still requires a pressed uniform. Seems kinda dumb to require this.

Agree. The ACU's only blend with really cheap furniture.
The marines have done it right. Wish we could use them. On the plus side the ACU's are much easier to wear (no starch required). On the negative side, in addition to what has already been mentioned I'm not a big fan of velcro and the ACU's have it EVERYWHERE. Should be buttons on the pockets and all else sewn on like the BDU's.

I think they picked the ACU cause it matched the Beret....no really I think thats why. It looked good with the freakin beret.

Back