Squirrel Attacks Anger Winter Park Residents

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Residents in Winter Park, Fla., are angered over the city's response to a squirrel that attacked at least seven people this month, according to a report.

The squirrel attacks happened at Winter Park's Central Park over the last several days.
A 3-year-old boy was bitten by the animal several times and has a two-inch wound on his leg, according to the report.

Another child was reportedly bitten on his calf and a man sitting on a park bench was attacked by the squirrel. He suffered a bite and scratches on his arm. The attacks took place between August 1 and August 4. Some people now say the attacking animal should have been captured sooner.

One citizen said he captured the squirrel under a bucket after it attacked his friend. He said he released the squirrel when county animal-services workers failed to arrive after two hours.
City employees captured the animal this week.

Winter Park received notice from the Florida Department of Health Epidemiology stating that the results on the squirrel were negative for rabies.
http://www.local6.com/news/9665269/detail.html

I have Squirrels in my neighborhood. never had an attack. I guess that because of the dogs in the neighborhood and also the fact that around this time of year. A couple of the kids grab their Dasiy BB Guns and go Squirrel hunting. Also have some feral rabbits in the neighborhood. But if I catch a kid trying to hunt one of them. I'll go straight to his house and inform his parents.

Squirrels are nothing but rats with fluffy tails so they are fair game.

Rabbits are fluffy pieces of chicken running around. But my God Daughter loves feeding the rabbits. So the rabbits are under my protection and no harm comes to them.

Back