Spy Sweeper w/Anti-Virus

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
I'm curious if anyone else is using Spy Sweeper and if so have you had any malfunctions?

I did a sweep with Spy Sweeper and Spybot a couple of days ago and I had a high risk in my Spy Sweeper quarantine. I cleaned quarantine and then did another sweep of my system and nothing came up in either Spy Sweeper and Spybot.

Today when I turned on my computer I had 4 out of 4 disks in my Spy Sweeper turned off, all of my browsing settings had changed themselves and I was not able to preform a Spybot sweep because it got caught on one disk and wouldn't finish cleaning.

I had a message come up when I restarted my computer than some disk chsk...something-or-other was cleaning and deleting some files on my computer, but Spy Sweeper is still messed up. I can't view alerts or change settings within Spy Sweeper.

I've Googled these problems though I can't find anyone with the same problems I'm having many say 5.0 is having a lot of issues.

Anyone here having problems with 5.0?

Last edited:
My mom had spy sweeper on her laptop. She doesn't anymore. I hated it... seemd really counter intuitive.

I'll see if I can dig up something...

Two of the better programs that I have used: Freebies too!

Malwarebytes Anti Malware, at http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html
This program is fast and gets rid of all but the most persistent Malware.

spx_file004converted.jpg

Super AntiSpyware at http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
I feel that this program is far more thorough, but can take much longer to do a scan. To scan 500Gb takes just over 4 hours, and I do it overnight.

SASconverted.jpg

I would seriously recommend that you try one or both of these programs, perhaps trying Malwarebytes Antispyware first. If it finds anything suspicious, I would certainly recommend that you use Super AntiSpyware.

If you find nothing, you've been a very good little girl and can always remove them.

Thanks guys. :)

While I was with the kids my dad was working on my computer and I have some really nasty crap on it.

My problems aren't from Spy Sweeper, I have a craptastic virus that so far he's not been able to delete because it's logged into files showing that are in use.

I'm staying up for a few hours tonight to re-run three different programs in safe mode to see if I can delete it that way.

...but yeah. I guess I'm adding up all these years of owning a computer with no issues and packing them all into a few months of insane crap. Ugh.

I have downloaded and switched to using Super AntiSpyware instead of Spyware Doctor. It seems to be working very well.

Thanks guys. :)

While I was with the kids my dad was working on my computer and I have some really nasty crap on it.

My problems aren't from Spy Sweeper, I have a craptastic virus that so far he's not been able to delete because it's logged into files showing that are in use..
Use Unlocker 1.8.7 which installs on your 'puta and is available on your rightclick menu. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ just right click the problem file, and select Unlocker, you will have a selection if you wish to Unlock, Delete, Rename or Move the file

It will delete files that are shown as being in use from within Windows,... just use it carefully and don't delete any system files..... Or you may as well just reformat and reload,

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Using cell phone to connect to the internet

A question for computer fundi's in the US.

Here in South Africa I use a 3G cell phone to connect to the internet as thieves keep stealing the copper phone line cables. I buy data bundles which gives me 1 GB a month, if I want more, I simply buy more. Apart from being independent of the phone lines, it works out far cheaper. Is there a similar system in the US?

A good friend of mine in the US is having similar problems I had with phones lines being pinched.

Thanks guys.

Use Unlocker 1.8.7 which installs on your 'puta and is available on your rightclick menu. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ just right click the problem file, and select Unlocker, you will have a selection if you wish to Unlock, Delete, Rename or Move the file

:D Thanks.

I ended up being able to get rid of it with Spybot after booting into safe mode. I've been running sweeps like crazy and it's all gone. :D

I'm not so sure I'm going to be renewing my Spy Sweeper this year. I didn't pay $40 some bucks for an upgrade for virus protection to have it not work. I may forgo Spy Sweeper and keep on Ad-Ware and Spybot. Have to see....

They are great programs, especially since Spybot SD now has a resident operation to safeguard you in realtime. Never the less, I still run my other anti spyware any time I've done any downloading.

A question for computer fundi's in the US.

Here in South Africa I use a 3G cell phone to connect to the internet as thieves keep stealing the copper phone line cables. I buy data bundles which gives me 1 GB a month, if I want more, I simply buy more. Apart from being independent of the phone lines, it works out far cheaper. Is there a similar system in the US?

A good friend of mine in the US is having similar problems I had with phones lines being pinched.

Thanks guys.

Yes, the various cellphone companies have these programs. I have Verizon and they have two plans. One has a limited amount of data transfer. $39.00 a month. The plan I have is unlimited at $60.00 per month. These are high speed broadband connections. I would assume other plans may be the same as yours. Of course the phone you use has to be capable of making an Internet connection.

Yes, the various cellphone companies have these programs. I have Verizon and they have two plans. One has a limited amount of data transfer. $39.00 a month. The plan I have is unlimited at $60.00 per month. These are high speed broadband connections. I would assume other plans may be the same as yours. Of course the phone you use has to be capable of making an Internet connection.

Thanks for your help, I'll let my friend know

Back