Springfield Armory about to release new pistol

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Springfield Armory calls it the "M-Factor". It's a redesigned .40 S&W Caliber XD-Service Pistol. Improved magazine capacity from 12 rounds to 16 rounds, replaceable back straps, newer sights, new grip angle, and a new general appearance.

b144047635.jpg

b144047639.jpg

b144047647.jpg

b144047651.jpg

b144047660.jpg

XDmSpecs.jpg

These photos are not from me. The pistol is not on the market yet. But my sources say soon.

5.56x45mm

'Nuff Said....

Last edited:
Nope, I'm a GLOCK man.... I don't own a single XD product. Only thing that came out from them that I want it the X2 Light series for my compact weapons.

IT-MTV-000-A1.jpg

Insight X2 Light

insight1.jpg

Insight X2 Laser

If they put one out in .45 ACP I might have to pick one up. I have an XD in .45 and it's not a bad bad shootin iron.

If I was going to buy a handgun it be a Glock too (Probably a Glock 40).

Anyway.

May I ask you a slightly personal question?

I know that you are an LEO, but why don't you apply for a job at Glock (or other factory)? You obviously know the company and use their products and with your experiance with the military, gun-smithing and law enforcement, if I were in HR I would be have happy to have you in sales or product development. I bet it pays better too, and you don't have to worry about some punk with a Jennings .22 taking a shot at you.

Made in Croatia... interesting.

Springfield Armory isn't affiliated with the original Springfield Armory company, or the national armory of the same title. The original company dissolved or went into bankruptcy or some such situation, and new owners and management took over the name and business while outsourcing the production to Croatia.

Or at least that's how I understand it in a very limited scope- someone please feel free to correct me, I could very well be wrong.

It has no history with the Springfield Armory federal arsenal in Massachusetts which was established in 1777 and stayed in production until being closed in 1968.

After the Springfield name was closed by the federal government in 1968, the name was used by a small company in Texas who used the name for several years. The efforts were unsuccessful and in 1974, the Springfield Armory name was used by Robert Reese, who formed a new company to manufacture semi-automatic versions of the M14 rifle called the M1A Rifle. The firearm was what brought success to the business. The company then expanded its market into pistols, notably the M1911. After further success the company began to branch into many fields of firearms. The Springfield arsenal now holds dozens of different firearms of many styles and models.

Springfield Armory does not in anyway make the XD-Series of pistols. They are the sole importer. HS Produkt d.o.o. is a Croatian firearms manufacturing company that designed and makes the XD Series or as it was originally known, the HS 2000. HS Produkt d.o.o. wasn't doing very well with it's previous importer InterArms International. Springfield Armory stepped up and became the sole inporter and also was allowed to rename the pistol the XD for Extreme Duty for the US Market. Around the world the XD is still known as the HS 2000.

If I was going to buy a handgun it be a Glock too (Probably a Glock 40).

Anyway.

May I ask you a slightly personal question?

I know that you are an LEO, but why don't you apply for a job at Glock (or other factory)? You obviously know the company and use their products and with your experiance with the military, gun-smithing and law enforcement, if I were in HR I would be have happy to have you in sales or product development. I bet it pays better too, and you don't have to worry about some punk with a Jennings .22 taking a shot at you.

I've thought about it alot.... it's just that it's a very hard demanding field to get into and most folks hire the Special Ops/SWAT type guys. I've been offered a job with Taurus USA and I'm working right now in the Gun Show Circuit here in Florida. But that's not my goal....

I want to make firearms instructor for a PD. That's my dream.... Later in life when I have more expereince under my belt I'll start looking into getting back into the firearms business in terms of working for a major company like S&W, GLOCK, H&K, Springfield Armory, Steyr Mannlicher, etc....

Right now I just have to keep on jumping through hoops as a LEO.

Reminds me of the Glock, and i didn't like the feeling while shoting it- i think i like 9mm x 19 and stick to Heckler and Koch (i prefer USP but they only give me P8 ^^ which still rocks)
:2guns:

Well whatever- weapons licenses are ristricted to hunters only here ;)
And it's good that way...

Back