Spratly Islands - Page 2

--

July 14th, 2004  
Shadowalker

i think going to the UN is the only way as that is the only place to go that is completely unbiased, force will only make the situation worse and is no sure way of guaranteeing the control of the islands, it will also cost to rebuild the facilities on the island if there is fighting!
July 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

I agree sometimes using force to solve the problem is very stupid no matter how strong a country is.

And I believe the natural resources on earth belong to all people living on this planet and be shared by all of them. I know this is only a good wish, people sometimes just don't understand Giving is also Taking, they only want to take and take never think about give.

Honestly speaking, I can only hope the Spratly will be solved peacefully, but I really don't know what will happen at the end, I only know there are a lot of hawks in China in the young generation, I don't know when they become 40 or 50 years old say in 2030, how they will rule China and what kind of country China will become, peaceful demoratic or violent military.

Human beings simply have weakness.
July 17th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

A good picture of Spratly:

--
November 28th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Southeast Asia seems to be the world leader at disputed island territory.
December 9th, 2004  
texasrebel211

well if it does(hopefully it won't) turn into a shooting match, most likely China will win unless something very unexpected happens, such as the US stepping in and doing something- although I dont expect that to happen
December 10th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Spratly is indeed a problem, but I don't think it will cause a large-scale conflict among the involved nations, because all the parties are trying to solve the problem on table.
lol. The question is, how much is "some?"
And how to divide that gas under the surface. I guess it would be measured by gallons / day etc because liquid doesn't get cut... like running a knife through your milk.