Sports you played in High-School

ghost457 said:
i feel your pain man, 103 all the way!!! lol, my average weigh-in was about 101 lbs, and none of it was muscle, i only won one match all season, and i tech-falled him, haha

anyways, yeah, a lot of iso's, not many options, and some RB screens, but mostly iso's, right up the gut baby!!!!

Hey, it's better to win one than none. I had a pretty good season, I had one more win than loss, which isn't too bad. :D

Four years varsity wrestling (YARRRR!!), one year each of very bad soccer and basketball (my nickname was the Terminator on my soccer team because I got probably the largest single season collection of red and yellow cards in the history of the sport, mostly unintentional :twisted: ), and three each of varsity track and cross country.

behemoth: im not a RB, so im not sure what all they ran, but i know one route was they would go straight out towards the sideline, then cut and streak towards the endzone, and sometimes they would run curls too

chrissyjean: iv never had to wrestle a girl, but i think its really funny when someone does have to. we had one kid on JV, he wrestled a girl in the 160 weight class, it was his first ever match, he won by like 2 points. there was another funny part, but its not really appropriate, and its disgusting........ another time, this was the 2004 year, our 103 (not me) had to wrestle a girl, he just gave up when she got him on his back. he said he just sat back and ejoyed it all :D :D

also, how many of you graduates were 4 year lettermen in a sport? right now im on track to be a 4 year letterman in wrestling

ghost457 said:
also, how many of you graduates were 4 year lettermen in a sport?
I would have been in tennis had I stayed at the school I went to from 3rd grade through 9th grade -- played varsity tennis 8th and 9th grades.

Switched schools, and switched sports: equestrian (JV and varsity) and baseball (varsity). Went off to college and (of all things) I fenced foil for three years.

Now I golf when I can and alpine ski in the winter (I'm also a ski patroller).

I lettered all four years in both track and baseball. I played football too but only lettered my last two years. I was too small really my first two years. I can still remember vividly getting run over my freshman year by a guy at least twice my size. :lol:

Well, I'm a huge golf fan and I love playing, so I am joining the golf team. I'm kinda afraid that everyone will think I'm a pansy or a nerd if I play golf though. :?

FutureDevilDog said:
Well, I'm a huge golf fan and I love playing, so I am joining the golf team. I'm kinda afraid that everyone will think I'm a pansy or a nerd if I play golf though. :?
With Tiger Woods out there putting on clinics? I wouldn't worry about it.

Charge 7 said:
I can still remember vividly getting run over my freshman year by a guy at least twice my size. :lol:

i know the feeling....... now for a story. my freshman year (last year) we had a total of about 16 people on the freshman football team. that makes for a 11 man offense (the starters) and a 5 man defense (the others, and me) or an 11 man defense (the starters) and a 5 man defense (get the picture?). anyways, our coach (in all his wisdom) decided to have me play defensive tackle in practice, or offensive lineman, or fullback. as iv said before, i'm not real big, i'm a small receiver and safety, i wrestled 103 lbs, i had to gain weight to get to 100. anyways, i was always lined up across from a big kid, same one, almost every time. hes at least 200 lbs, double my weight. hes also a jerk. every time, he would send me flying. a simple push or just an imitation block would have done fine, and spared me. no, i had to fly, every time. and our practice field is not real, umm, soft. i ended up missing tackling drills (bring it on :twisted: ) twice due to having to wash blood off of myself, and i ended up with a scar on my elbow from it getting ripped open every day. anyways, a lengthy, un needed story from me. later.

i was in softball for four years. lettered all four years. and i was in competative cheerleading and dance team. each four years, lettered three years in each. and gymnastics all four years. lettered two years

Not highschool here its secondary school same thing though. I played basketball, camogie, tennis and hockey.

AJChenMPH said:
When he went for you, you should've just dropped down and taken his legs out. ;)

gotta love the cut block. but a tip. they should change the name from the cut and roll. ill never forget this one. i played left tackle (offense) and during one of our games, we had this one DT that weighed 300+. just dead weight. my guard and i, both of us 250+ lbs and bench 300+ and squat 450+ mind you, could not move this guy. finally he got pissed and told me to go to backer next time and that hed just cut him. well he did and the second i hit the backer, i heard a thud. when the play was over i looked back and in my horror, i saw the DT but couldnt see Henry. After that play we changed the name of the block, from the cut to the cut-and-roll.

Charge 7 said:
I lettered all four years in both track and baseball. I played football too but only lettered my last two years. I was too small really my first two years. I can still remember vividly getting run over my freshman year by a guy at least twice my size. :lol:

:lol: Freshman year my brother's best friend decided he was going to "teach" me some wrestling moves and ended up breaking three of my fingers at my first wrestling practice. And my brother almost broke a rib laughing.

Back