Sports you played in High-School - Page 3

--

June 17th, 2005  
behemoth79

football. only football. its impossible to play football and another sport here. football doesnt end....ever. there is no postseason. once the season and playoffs end, there is no break; its right back to training for the next season. I do wish we had a hockey team though. Im and offensive lineman varisty (im a senior so not anymore) and i play checking line D in hockey.
June 17th, 2005  
ghost457

I play football, and i wrestle, truly the only two mens' sports in the USA!!!! I'm a reciever and safety if football, and i wrestled 103 lbs, this past year as a freshman.
June 18th, 2005  
behemoth79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost457
I play football, and i wrestle, truly the only two mens' sports in the USA!!!! I'm a reciever and safety if football, and i wrestled 103 lbs, this past year as a freshman.
what kind offense and defensive schemes did your team run. mine was a split back triple option on offense and on D we ran a 3-5-3 slant mostly running cover 3, and occasionally cover 1 and man.
--
June 18th, 2005  
AussieNick

Quote:
Netball seems to be an interesting game though I've never heard of it. Is that considered to be a professional sport or is it "street" sport?
It's a pro sport.

As for my sports,

Winter - Rugby, AFL
Summer - Cricket
June 18th, 2005  
Locke

thats the thign, aussie netballers are not professional!!
sure, they do everything professionally, but they are considered to be amateurs. thus, they train nearly every day, have all these extra commitments, and they get paid a pittance.
the sport is set up so badly, the only reason they play is for the love of the game
June 18th, 2005  
ghost457

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost457
what kind offense and defensive schemes did your team run. mine was a split back triple option on offense and on D we ran a 3-5-3 slant mostly running cover 3, and occasionally cover 1 and man.
we ran the full house on offense (3 RB's) and we just switched over to a 4-4 defense, from a 4-3, we also do mostly cover 3, and some cover 1, but almost no cover 2
June 19th, 2005  
Locke

what does that mean in english?
June 19th, 2005  
alliehz

Hm...sad, I almost understood that....

I played soft ball for a league, so I never got involved with the school. I will however join the swim team for my JC, or maybe water polo....I'm still flip flopping, I love both sports....
June 19th, 2005  
behemoth79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
what does that mean in english?
if by full house he meant the wishbone there heres a pic of it.
http://hometown.aol.com/onscreen88/i...hbone%2046.jpg

the 4-4 he was talking about lookes like so. (the "x" is the defense)
http://www.football.com/playbook/imgs/4_4.gif

the offense in the pic above is the same as my offense (the "o"s)

also called a 3-3-5 stack, my defense looks like this
http://www.collegefootballtips.com/i...203%20Zone.jpg
June 19th, 2005  
Locke

and what do the dots squiggles and lines mean?
im taking a guess taht X means, run like hell to here and then dont let the guy get past you?