*Split Thread* American Protestor/Israeli Buldozer..

rocco

Admin Edit: Replies split from this thread:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9890

no, the wall made me made because IT A DUMB IDEA. refer back the the berlin wall. didn't work either, it's just a huge monument about how scared and closed off the isreali Govt is. if the were trying to stop tanks...sure, why not. but we are talking about people with concealed weapons.

both sides are just as guilty as the other...jeez if they were children you pull them apart and send them to their rooms.

also kinda resent the fact that i am aparently a victim of propaganda

comparing it to the berlin wall is exactly what pro-arab propoganda has made you believe... the berlin wall was a barrier between the same people, for the purpose of stopping people from east germany leaving to the west...

absolutely different to the wall in israel which PROTECTS the israeli towns from terrorism... thats why suicide bombing has declined, except where the wall was not built...
this is not about seperating but about protecting one peoples, if you can think of a better way for israel to protect its civilians, why dont you share it... the wall has been successful in stopping more terror and in addition it is removable, as the israeli government have stated numerous times

im also sick of this "israeli tanks kill palestinian children" bull :cen:
what a myth... baseless myth.

rocco said:
no, the wall made me made because IT A DUMB IDEA. refer back the the berlin wall. didn't work either, it's just a huge monument about how scared and closed off the isreali Govt is. if the were trying to stop tanks...sure, why not. but we are talking about people with concealed weapons.

both sides are just as guilty as the other...jeez if they were children you pull them apart and send them to their rooms.

also kinda resent the fact that i am aparently a victim of propaganda

comparing it to the berlin wall is exactly what pro-arab propoganda has made you believe... the berlin wall was a barrier between the same people, for the purpose of stopping people from east germany leaving to the west...

absolutely different to the wall in israel which PROTECTS the israeli towns from terrorism... thats why suicide bombing has declined, except where the wall was not built...
this is not about seperating but about protecting one peoples, if you can think of a better way for israel to protect its civilians, why dont you share it... the wall has been successful in stopping more terror and in addition it is removable, as the israeli government have stated numerous times

im also sick of this "israeli tanks kill palestinian children" bull :cen:
what a myth... baseless myth.

woa there buddy, pro arab propaganda!? sounds like you're toeing the pro isreali line there pretty well your self.

you could say that the berlin wall seperated two people from the same land.

Israeli strike kills Hamas leader, at least 14 others

By Suhaib Salem, Reuters
Hamas leader Salah Shehadeh died after Israeli forces blew up a house on the Gaza Strip.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2002-07-22-israel-strike2_x.htm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — In an attack criticized by President Bush as "heavy-handed," an Israeli warplane fired a missile that flattened a Gaza City apartment building early Tuesday, killing a Hamas leader at the top of Israel's most wanted list. Palestinians said at least 14 other people, including nine children, died in the airstrike. "This heavy-handed action does not contribute to peace," White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said Tuesday, pointing to "the loss of innocent life. This message will be conveyed to Israeli authorities, and the United States regrets the loss of life."

Israeli Army Kills 10-Year-Old Palestinian Girl at Refugee School
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 03 2005 @ 01:07 PM EST

"UN officials said the incident was the fifth time in two years in which children had been killed or seriously wounded by Israeli soldiers.."

RAFAH, Gaza Strip (PMC) - Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmad Qurei condemned as a “war crime” the killing of a 10-year-old Palestinian girl by Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) at an UNRWA-run school in the southern Gaza Strip Monday, which provoked a retaliation that threatened a de facto truce at a time when a former Palestinian security and Israel’s “defense” minister were holding their second “security” meeting in a week.

Noran Iyad Deeb died instantly after being shot in the head by Israeli occupation soldiers from an observation post on the border with Egypt, Palestinian medical sources said.

it has been documented by several independant media sources not a "myth" as you put it.

as i said earlier, both sides are as bad as each other...but someone has to stop the CYCLE of killing.

hamas leader killed many civilians, how elese would you kill him without risking even more civilian deaths? he knew he was a target when he gave the order to kill civilians, it was his decision to have people around him as human shields, quite similar to what saddam wanted, and either way palestinians are notorious for over-exageration, take for instance jenin "massacre"

"UN officials said the incident was the fifth time in two years in which children had been killed or seriously wounded by Israeli soldiers.."

RAFAH, Gaza Strip (PMC) - Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmad Qurei condemned as a “war crime” the killing of a 10-year-old Palestinian girl by Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) at an UNRWA-run school in the southern Gaza Strip Monday, which provoked a retaliation that threatened a de facto truce at a time when a former Palestinian security and Israel’s “defense” minister were holding their second “security” meeting in a week.

Noran Iyad Deeb died instantly after being shot in the head by Israeli occupation soldiers from an observation post on the border with Egypt, Palestinian medical sources said.

rofl where did you get this bs link? i bet that isnt even the full story

IOF? rofl mao... where did you get that link? jewwatch website?

rocco said:
hamas leader killed many civilians, how elese would you kill him without risking even more civilian deaths? he knew he was a target when he gave the order to kill civilians, it was his decision to have people around him as human shields, quite similar to what saddam wanted, and either way palestinians are notorious for over-exageration, take for instance jenin "massacre"

rofl where did you get this bs link? i bet that isnt even the full story

IOF? rofl mao... where did you get that link? jewwatch website?

hamas leader they are talking about was a tetraplegic 80 year old...you saying that a four ship formation of apaches firing anti tank missles was the best way to get him?

rocco, i think you are getting the wrong idea about me, or perhaps you are being told other things than me...i am providing links and stories and trying my level best to make sure they are as unbiased as possible. can you do the same? it would be alot easier for me to dig up rhetoric and flat out lies from both sides of this conflict, belive me from my searching today there is plenty of it! but such is the nature of what we are debating...the nature of propaganda. rather the why's and why fors of the conflict in israel.

some more articles;

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - An Israeli aircraft fired a missile at a home near a Hamas stronghold in the Jebaliya refugee camp on Sunday, killing one civilian and wounding eight other Palestinians, hospital officials said.

It was not immediately clear why the army targeted the house, which was near the Kholfa Mosque, a power base for the militant group Hamas. The army did not immediately comment.

The strike killed a 38-year-old Palestinian civilian and seriously wounded eight other Palestinians, including a girl, hospital officials said. It also caused extensive damage to homes and stores nearby, witnesses said.

The two deaths brought the number of Palestinians killed in the operation to 96. Almost half of those killed were civilians, 18 were age 16 and under.
http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=92747

Israeli bulldozer kills U.S. protester

Monday, March 17, 2003 at 09:20 JST
GAZA CITY — An American college student in Gaza to protest Israel operations was killed Sunday when she was run over by a bulldozer while trying to block troops from demolishing a Palestinian home.

At least one Palestinian also was killed.
http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=8&id=252948

largerachfront.jpg

rach3.jpg

i can give u many clips of suicide bombings, executions and lynching...
what you have given me is rubbish, and you legitematly dont know it

that tetraplegic u mention i assume is yassin? you do know he gave religeous acceptance to suicide bombers to blow up civilians? he is directly responsible for giving the go ahead for terrorist attacks... its like those shieks in iran, iraq etc who tell people to kill american civilians

and that ugly ***** who got run over was asking for it... she walked under a bulldozer, what do you expect, you are making it out like the driver just targetted her... rubbish... if your a dozer going up a hill do you know what your visibility is below?

chewie_nz said:
GAZA CITY — An American college student in Gaza to protest Israel operations was killed Sunday when she was run over by a bulldozer while trying to block troops from demolishing a Palestinian home.

When the many of us say, "Arrogant American," this is what we mean.
I guess this protestor didn't understand how serious the Israelis were.

the_13th_redneck said:
chewie_nz said:

Yea she was a dumbass but you cant label us all as arrogant, I will be the first to tell you that America produces some of the worlds finest idiots. To get back on topic I find it hard to believe that a group of people could be so gullible. At first I pittied them, but now i'm starting to feel that if they are that gullible they deserve everything that comes their way.

the_13th_redneck said:
chewie_nz said:

No thats a "Stupid American". Mommy shoulda taught her not to stand in front of heavy equipment. The "Arrogant Americans" are the ones that are crying because she got killed for her stupidity. Thinking she some how should have been protected by her Citizenship.

Not to sound like a cold hearltess insulter of life, the woman have made a somewhat unwise decision.

Well Redleg, that incident could have infinite propaganda value for the anti-Israelis.

btw: she was Stupid and Arrogant.

well i gotta say i am VERY surprised at your comments....this woman was run over and buried by a bulldozer.

what she was protestiong was an action that is no doubt creating more suicide bombings... the bulldozing of homes.

the driver did see her...and a bulldozer is not a fast piece of equipment.

here is a biased article....but with a good description of what happened

March 16, 2003
STATEMENT ON THE MURDER OF RACHEL CORRIE

In Rafah, Gaza Strip today Rachel Corrie, a 23-year old American woman from Olympia, Washington, who was a volunteer with the International Solidarity Movement, was killed by the Israeli Army. Rachel was standing in the path of the bulldozer as it advanced towards her. When the bulldozer refused to stop or turn aside she climbed up onto the mound of dirt and rubble being gathered in front of it wearing a fluorescent jacket to look directly at the driver who kept on advancing. The bulldozer continued to advance so that she was pulled under the pile of dirt and rubble. After she had disappeared from view the driver kept advancing until the bulldozer was completely on top of her. The driver did not lift the bulldozer blade and so she was crushed beneath it. Then the driver backed up - effectively running over her again. The seven other ISM activists taking part in the action rushed to dig out her body. An ambulance rushed her to Al-Najar Hospital where she died

The Israeli Army consistently bulldozes Palestinian homes, particularly in Rafah, where over 100 homes have been demolished in the last two years. The International Solidarity Movement - both Palestinian and international citizens - calls upon the international community to break the silence around Israel's grotesque human rights abuses. International civilians are in the Occupied Palestinian Territories attempting to protect Palestinian human rights and lives precisely because formal international bodies have refused to take action to do so. Dozens of Palestinian civilians are being systematically murdered weekly, and today, a beautiful, conscientious American defender of human rights was killed trying to protect the home of a Palestinian family.

his murder, along with Israel's continued destruction of Palestinian homes must be strongly condemned by the United States and the United Nations and they must insist that Israel abide by international law and UN Resolutions. The International Solidarity Movement also calls upon the United States government to conduct its own independent investigation into this incident and to take responsibility for the manner in which the Israeli government is using the $2.2 billion in military aid that we grant to Israel per year. This money and US-made weaponry is daily being used by the Israeli military to harm innocent civilians. The bulldozer that killed Rachel Corrie was an American-made Caterpillar D-9 bulldozer.

The murder of Rachel Corrie was clearly NOT an accident. Eyewitnesses report that the bulldozer driver was able to see Rachel, and that they were shouting to the driver to stop. The Israeli government and army continue to blame the victims of violence carried out by the Israeli Army for their own suffering. Israel must be accountable for this criminal act and all criminal acts it is carrying out on a daily basis in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

The International Solidarity Movement greatly mourns the loss of Rachel Corrie and extends its heartfelt condolences to her family and friends. We pledge to continue actively working for the ideals of freedom and justice that Rachel died for.

For photos of the incident, please visit www.palsolidarity.org.

well my links and posts were removed... see a waste of time for me to argue with this...

chewie, that woman used her part jewishness to get a free birthright ticket just to go and act as a human shield for terrorists... she got what she deserved... that article doesnt even cover a quater of the story, and as ive seen a million times before with pro-palestinian images are that they are specifically chosen at points... the hill where she stood, where the dozer driver had no view of her is not shown...

in fact what that article implys lightly is that the driver ran her over on purpose. yes dont take into account that he is a human and has a family of his own... listen these people are not like the scum from chechnya or ramallah where throat slashing and lynching are still part of everyday life... dont believe me? shall i get the pick of the guy who got lynched because he was "suspected" of helping israelis? its a nice photo where he is hanged infront of the church of nativity and gutted... now wonder why the christians of judea and samaria are declining, but then again IMO only 2 types of christians are anti israeli, ones that are misinformed and ones who have a prior agenda against jews themselves... sounds harsh, but thats what i get from my experience of debating politics on a number of websites...

now i dont wanna get banned because i DO get mad when people missinform about this issue, so i will try to remain low-key, and im sorry chewie if i came across as an :cen: , your opinion is ures, and im sick of changing others opinions... when terror hits your country then we see what you think, and we see how your military behave... and i dont blame you for your anti israeli stance, your media is obviously atleast partially responsible for all the knocked over graves and swasstikas on property in the last few months IMHO

This is a fight between the Israelis and Palestinians. If you disrupt Israeli military operations, you will be treated the same as a Palestinian doing the same thing. Actually because she's a foreigner who probably didn't even fully understand what the heck was going on the guys were probably even more inclined to send her on a quick trip to the grave.

look i dont care what anyone says, the driver did not mean to run her over no matter how much she deserved it... this isnt what professional armies of DEMOCRATIC countries do... simply an accident exacerbated by propoganda as she was white...

Yeah indeed. There was this Italian journalist (leftwinging) some years ago and he went to Israel and began to get embedded... within the Palestine guerrilla fighters groups (not IDF regular units). One day (I believe his name was Gabriele Ciriello) he found himself in the middle of a fight between IDF tanks and the bad guys. He was located just steps from the fighters. He tried to take a view of the tanks with his camera just from behing the corner but the Israelis from the tank thought they saw a sniper from downthere (cameras lenses shine with the sunlight) and opened fire. The journalist died almost instantly.
Well I think it's almost the same.
Like 03 said, mom shoulda taught him about it.
The guy thought that was a movie or what?

I believe that what was said here sums it up, but let me make clear my position:

1-Foreighn civilians shouldent be running around in a battle zone.
2-People in general shouldent step in the way of a D9.

These are two simple ideas, hich I believe we can all agree on. Now, if this woman chose to ignore these very common sens notions, she must accept responsibilty. If she flew all the way to Israel to help the Palestinians in their fight for independence, I can appriciate her. She felt strongly about somthing and did somthing about it. But by standing infront of a bulldozer she knew she is risking herself. This is the same thing as pointing a gun at someone. If you point a gun, you must be willing to press the trigger and face the result. If you stand infront of a bulldozer, you must be preapared to get hurt, and face the results.

03USMC said:
No thats a "Stupid American". Mommy shoulda taught her not to stand in front of heavy equipment.

:lol:

chewie_nz said:
the driver did see her...and a bulldozer is not a fast piece of equipment.

Didn't exactly have to chase her down there, did it?
Ever hear of the Darwin Awards? This woman deserves half a dozen, and a certificate of appreciation for clearing up the gene pool a little.

It's typical idealistic liberal college student lunacy. She probably heard a liberal Professor preach from his pulpit about the downtrodden Palestinians and became enamored of the cause. With little understanding of how dangerous conflicts, especially internal conflicts can be for foreigners who choose sides.

She's typical of the liberal Americans who insert them selfs into Foreign affairs trying to be a little guy who "Makes a difference".

Like Redneck said. The dozer driver didn't chase her down. She stood in front of a moving D9 Cat. With the thought of "I'm an American Citizen they won't dare run over me." probably running thru her tiny brain pan.

These type people go to other countries expecting their rights to be respected under a totally different set of laws and customs then cry when it isn't that way.

Back