Let's make it teamwise, you saw it first but I posted it
May 14th, 2012  
Yossarian

Now all we have to find is who flew it!
--
May 14th, 2012  
MontyB

Quote:
It is believed that the airman, Flight Sergeant Dennis Copping, 24, initially survived the crash, because a parachute found at the scene looks to have been used as a makeshift shelter. But no trace of the body was found, leaving experts to believe the pilot walked away from the flight, then walked to his death in a hopeless attempt to find civilization.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/f...194133295.html
May 15th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB

Such a sad sad tale... Reminds me of the famous and similar story of the "Lady Be Good".
May 15th, 2012  
MontyB

True but at least now there is a chance of some closure given that they are going to search for his remains.
May 15th, 2012  
Yossarian

Let's hope, I wonder if his descdents have been notified?
May 15th, 2012  
MontyB

Yes it would seem they have...

Quote:
Following the remarkable discovery, his nephew William Pryor-Bennett, 62, has spoken of his family’s hopes they may find the body and lay Fl Sgt Copping to rest with a proper funeral.
The defence attaché at the British embassy in Cairo is due to visit the RAF Kittyhawk in the next few weeks and has already confirmed a search of a 20 mile radius of the plane will be conducted.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/w...be-buried.html
May 15th, 2012  
VDKMS

I hope miracles exists (Bedouins found him) and that he is still living in Egypt, but chanches are they'll find his remains within a couple of miles from the plane.
September 11th, 2014  
OldNavy

Ok folks, What happened here? Did they send some fighters back to the U.K?
Can somebody update this?