Are the SPH and the tank same?

View Poll Results :Are the SPH the same to the tank?
It's the same 1 8.33%
It's not the same 11 91.67%
I don't know and I don't care 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

--

January 23rd, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

Topic: Are the SPH and the tank same?

The Self-Propelled Howitzer (SPH) and the tank the same? The original howitzer is similar to a mortar, a cannon, or artillery, but the modern howitzers are now mounted on tracks, so they look similar to the modern tanks. Are they the same, or are they different?
January 23rd, 2010  
A Can of Man

Hey, haven't you done your manditory service?
January 23rd, 2010  
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korean Seaboy
The Self-Propelled Howitzer (SPH) and the tank the same? The original howitzer is similar to a mortar, a cannon, or artillery, but the modern howitzers are now mounted on tracks, so they look similar to the modern tanks. Are they the same, or are they different?
GTFO and stop trolling boy.
--
January 23rd, 2010  
Redleg

An SPH will of course win over a tank any day, no doubt about that..

But seriously Korean Seaboy, you are comparing apples and oranges here.
The SPH and the tank may look similar, but the similarities ends there since they are built for two completely different purposes so you can't compare them at all.

Most SPHs can perform direct fire, but it has to stand still and it takes a lot longer to aim then with a tank, and the tank isn't capable of indirect fire so.......
January 23rd, 2010  
-- Dusty

IIRC the 105 mm can fire accurately at target upto 15 miles, right? A tank? IIRC a tank is good upto 1/2 mile.

And no I really don't know much about them.
January 23rd, 2010  
Yin717

There not the same. An SPH is used for supportive duties in a firing duty. Where as the tank is more of an offensive armoured vehicle and would protect an SPH whereas the SPH would support a tank.
January 24th, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

Sorry. It's just that I did't know much about Self-propelled howitzers. Sorry for the disturbance I caused.
January 24th, 2010  
A Can of Man

That's okay.
If Korean is easier for you look up 자주포 (SPH) and 전차 (MBT). You'll see they're very different.
January 24th, 2010  
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korean Seaboy
Sorry. It's just that I did't know much about Self-propelled howitzers. Sorry for the disturbance I caused.
Then maybe this is not a forum for you? Also wikipedia is often innacurate but will give you a general idea.
January 24th, 2010  
A Can of Man

Maybe he wants to learn.