• It's the same

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It's not the same

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • I don't know and I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Korean Seaboy

The Self-Propelled Howitzer (SPH) and the tank the same? The original howitzer is similar to a mortar, a cannon, or artillery, but the modern howitzers are now mounted on tracks, so they look similar to the modern tanks. Are they the same, or are they different?

The Self-Propelled Howitzer (SPH) and the tank the same? The original howitzer is similar to a mortar, a cannon, or artillery, but the modern howitzers are now mounted on tracks, so they look similar to the modern tanks. Are they the same, or are they different?
GTFO and stop trolling boy.

An SPH will of course win over a tank any day, no doubt about that.. :p

But seriously Korean Seaboy, you are comparing apples and oranges here.
The SPH and the tank may look similar, but the similarities ends there since they are built for two completely different purposes so you can't compare them at all.

Most SPHs can perform direct fire, but it has to stand still and it takes a lot longer to aim then with a tank, and the tank isn't capable of indirect fire so.......

IIRC the 105 mm can fire accurately at target upto 15 miles, right? A tank? IIRC a tank is good upto 1/2 mile.

And no I really don't know much about them.

There not the same. An SPH is used for supportive duties in a firing duty. Where as the tank is more of an offensive armoured vehicle and would protect an SPH whereas the SPH would support a tank.

That's okay.
If Korean is easier for you look up 자주포 (SPH) and 전차 (MBT). You'll see they're very different.

Maybe he wants to learn.
I'm sorry? I was under the impression that it was a serious forum where we have some knowledge, if he wants to start idiotic threads like this he can just as well check wikipedia.

Go check his other posts, he's either an 11 year old kid or a troll,.

Threads like "Whats a bomber" should be bannable offence on account of trolling, its bad enough that we have 100 threads with a "b3st t@nk" poll.

I think questions are okay.
"THE BEST TANK" etc. aren't okay.
An 11 year old coming on here to ask questions is okay.
An 11 year old coming on here to tell us we're idiots and he knows better because he learned it playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is not okay.
If it were really as serious as you claim, we might as well just send some kind of proof of service to redleg and kick out all the civilians.

Golly Gee Thirteen. I offered just that to Red when I joined. Should we? No. Should it be an option? Yes.

So we have this kid, comes here calling himself "commander", asking questions like that.
"Hey! Amigo! (giggle) You's done been smoking the wrong pot, man! (giggle)"

How many languages do you speak? And of those, how many of those are not spoken on a daily basis in the United States?

This thread is going pretty far off-topic now, but I just want to add that everyone is welcome here as long as they follow the forum rules.
It's not possible to learn anything if you don't ask any questions. ;)

Now please continue on-topic

Thanks

A Self-Propelled gun is designed to provide supporting fires to Infantry/Armour. As for American SPs, we usually have at least one SP battalion in a Mechanized Brigade combat team. THEY ARE NOT TANKS! Even though they look like a tank, their mission is completely different. Tanks punch through lines and kill other tanks. SPs are designed to keep up with the Mechanized forces, while still able to provide quick and accurate artillery fires in support of ongoing operations. They are also designed on tracks so that they can quickly fire a mission, and then displace to another position before the enemy can react with counter-battery fires. They are much less armoured than a tank but pack a much bigger punch. Their fires can reach a range of 20+ miles in the indirect fire mode. They have the capability to fire directly, but as an artilleryman, I can tell you that this is a very indesirable predicament we would want to find ourselves in. 1. because and SP rate of fire is quite slow in comparison to a tank. 2. Going toe to toe with a MBT would almost certainly be devastating. and 3. If I'm firing direct fire that usually means the enemy has punched through the Armour and Infantry and things are about to get VERY hairy for me!

Back