Spetsnaz "Endurance Training"

Stealthy!

If any of you want to watch a Russian Special Forces member being bashed non-stop for nearly 5 minutes, then feel free to watch:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoK8w39MqT4"]YouTube - Russian Army Training - Part of Final Fighting Endurance Exam for Special Forces[/ame]

I have a question regarding this though; do other Armed Forces in Western nations have this sort of thing in their training program? I understand that it might not be so with basic army, but what about Special Forces? From videos I have seen, the Russian Army training system is surprisingly brutal...

Video didn't seem to work for me. Mind putting up the link?

This is the point where I come back in the future and it works. lol.

I know that Paratroopers here do all sorts of things. We are, rightly, the toughest of all Russian forces, better than Specnaz (know how they boast about all their amazing victories in Chechnya, etc? Well, actually, it was VDV, the Airborne, we, who won most of those. They just clean up in the end and then take all the credit. We don't mind though, our children at least know who the true heroes are)

Well, a Russian Paratrooper can smash bottles with his head
1.jpg

and break bricks with his bare hands
phot3.jpg

hehehe We are not Specnaz, we are Gvardia, the Guard. Real men. :D

Typical. Video just worked. Still, very interesting. Guy got a fair beating.

But those paratroopers look like something. lol.

Wow! That is so cool! They look like people you don't want meddle with. lol. Liking the blue beret's as well! lol.

I know that Paratroopers here do all sorts of things. We are, rightly, the toughest of all Russian forces, better than Specnaz (know how they boast about all their amazing victories in Chechnya, etc? Well, actually, it was VDV, the Airborne, we, who won most of those. They just clean up in the end and then take all the credit. We don't mind though, our children at least know who the true heroes are)

Well, a Russian Paratrooper can smash bottles with his head
1.jpg

and break bricks with his bare hands
phot3.jpg

hehehe We are not Specnaz, we are Gvardia, the Guard. Real men. :D

Prapor.

I think that most people in the Western countries have difficulty understanding what the concept Spetsnaz covers.

Spetsnaz is an abbreviation of the name ”Voyska Spetsialnogo Naznacheniya”, which means forces with special tasks, a much broader definition than used in the Western forces.

In Russia you will find Spetsnaz on several different military levels: Strategic, operative and Tactical levels. The term covers different types of units, from local recon- and special subunits inside military units like the Division (tactical level), to special unit inside the Airborne Divisions and the Ministry of the Interiors Antiterror units (tactical and operative level). Not to forget the individual secret agents of the Government Security Forces (strategic level). These units all have different structure etc.

It has become fashionable to be named Spetsnaz in Russia, actually in all of Eastern Europe, so today we see more than 10 different types of Spetsnaz in Russia. Most of these units can not be described as Special Forces in the Western sense but more Special Purpose Forces.

What comes close to Western Special Forces like the British SAS or U.S. Navy SEAL'S is undoubtedly the GRU's Army Spetsnaz units called ooSpN (Otdelniy Otryad Spetzialniya Naznacheniya), Independent Special Operations Detachments and the Navy Spetsnaz unit OMRP (Otdel'niy Morskoy Razvedyvatel'niy Punkt), Independent Navy Reconnaissance Center. Navy Spetsnaz are not directly subordinated GRU, but operate through the individual Navy’s IntelligenceCenter.

At least their not beating the crap out of each opther with E tools, I have a VHS tape that has some footage of that.

I am amazed that you don't seem capable of ever giving a direct answer.

Direct answer:
Many militaries around the world incorporate some level of training like you have seen in the video. It is for physical and mental hardening. The trainee or lower ranked guy usually just has to take it while the others beat him up or, two guys of equal rank are made to pummel the crap out of each other until someone quits.

I have never seen anything remotely close to that type of **** in my experience in the military. Army combatives is the closest thing I have seen and that is a 2 way street when it comes to pain. The only thing I see that type of "training" being good for is causing divisions among your troops as well as a lot of resentment. What a shocker that the Russian military is easing the restrictions of foriegn entry into its armed services.

Smashing bottles over your head improves your combat effectiveness how exactly?

Russias millitary training is nuts. Then again I dont know what our special forces training is like> I know the seals training is ridiculous though.

If any of you want to watch a Russian Special Forces member being bashed non-stop for nearly 5 minutes, then feel free to watch:

YouTube - Russian Army Training - Part of Final Fighting Endurance Exam for Special Forces

I have a question regarding this though; do other Armed Forces in Western nations have this sort of thing in their training program? I understand that it might not be so with basic army, but what about Special Forces? From videos I have seen, the Russian Army training system is surprisingly brutal...

Not russian, but russian speaking, hmm
they use Ukrainian phrases to each other like ' Stand up be a cozak' (cossac) and on the back of the shirts it says 'berkut'
Isn't that 'berkut 'ukrainian riot police or some internal force?

Not russian, but russian speaking, hmm
they use Ukrainian phrases to each other like ' Stand up be a cozak' (cossac) and on the back of the shirts it says 'berkut'
Isn't that 'berkut 'ukrainian riot police or some internal force?

Indeed it is the Ukrainian version of the Russian OMON.

Oh gotcha, mystery getting solved...which explains the special training .

I dont believe in the US we have a version of such forces-the closest i can think of would be national guard but not really...

I've just read that berkut was just condemned by the the nrwly established temp. ukrainian government for use of force against the rioters (aparently some fatalities)(and the new government is of the rioting side) -however If am given an order to against a dangerous millions of angry rioters who are using weapons, knives, firearms stones and anything to hurt us-damn right im not going to let them bash me to death....

Back