Spetsnaz CQC

Wow, would love to see a competitin of our best guys fight their best guys, as in a new reality show...

In real life the Spetznaz method doesn't add up... I'm 38 years old and not in the greatest shape but at 6'2" and 220 lbs I sparred a couple years ago in Dalian with a number of Russians. Nice bloody knockabouts where everything was legal. I got some nice bruises, a strain or two and broke my nose but I came out on the better end. The only guy who took me was a former Russian Marine who did a couple years in Chechnya and had a few kills of the up close and personal kind. I lasted a few seconds with him. A very humbling experience.

Training does not equate to real life. Until you are actually using your hands to kill or be killed there is no training method that is of any consequence. Like I've said before I'll fight anyone BUT a combat vet of any age. AussieNick and a few others commented on this a while back in another thread.

LOL... no matter his politics and how his record has been smeared, he is still a combat vet, so no. I would not go there. By combat vet I am talking not about some REMF but a soldier who has been belly to belly with the enemy. There is an entirely different effect on the psyche of a man who has killed someone up close and personal. The further removed the person from the taking of life the less effect it has. It changes you forever. The closer you were the more profound the change.

In real life the Spetznaz method doesn't add up... I'm 38 years old and not in the greatest shape but at 6'2" and 220 lbs I sparred a couple years ago in Dalian with a number of Russians. Nice bloody knockabouts where everything was legal. I got some nice bruises, a strain or two and broke my nose but I came out on the better end. The only guy who took me was a former Russian Marine who did a couple years in Chechnya and had a few kills of the up close and personal kind. I lasted a few seconds with him. A very humbling experience.

Training does not equate to real life. Until you are actually using your hands to kill or be killed there is no training method that is of any consequence. Like I've said before I'll fight anyone BUT a combat vet of any age. AussieNick and a few others commented on this a while back in another thread.

Damn right I did. Training is a confidence booster, that is all. If it comes to fighting for your life, there will be no fancy moves.

Back