Specnaz unit 'Vityaz'

Prapor

'Vityaz' means 'Knight' in Russian

This is exam for cadets. They go through this to earn the Red Beret and, thus, become a part of the unit:

Actually, their biggest test is the hand to hand fight, where a cadet goes against an older, more experienced men already in the Vityaz, those who already wear the Red Beret (in second vid, ones without a helmet with red gloves). If you win teh fight, you get your Beret.

Last edited:
I agree Specnaz is kind of overrated.

They are good for intel missions, hostage situations (Vityaz is Internal Forces, btw, police, not military).

But in all out combat, us VDV Paratroopers, for example, always did better. In Chechnya, we did all the work, and they then took much credit :)

But Vityaz is good, no. Vityaz, and also the Chechen unit, Vostok.

Min 1.34 till 1.42 haha so hmm the biggest test for them is basically just an fight ?? fistfight ? Been honest i did expect more from the Specnaz but that would explain a lot about the 1999 incidents we had with them they tended to suck no offense btw

Please show a little more respect towards other services.
We have been rather polite about your folks. Please follow suit.

Please show a little more respect towards other services.
We have been rather polite about your folks. Please follow suit.

Oh i would of done that if he did the same thing for me ;) comparing parts of the training to what he did when he was apparently 12 years old how is that showing respect if i may ask ?

And what do you mean with (we have been rather polite about your folks)??

This is such a retarded discussion.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE post video of any tier 1 forces in training.

If you guys want to discuss how police and regular light infantry units perform when climbing ladders and driving cars feel free to do so.

There is nothing "Special" about any of these units, and I don´t care what videogamesounding coolname they have.
Albanians got their chance to prove me wrong as they are obviously smart enough to tell the Taliban and anyone else that might want to do them harm, they are coming, where they are going to be and who they are going to work with (good on the Yanks for taking care of this).
Tier 1 personel does not act that way.
I am writing that off to inexperience at this point.

The bad part of telling the world you are sending your tier 2 personel and telling the opposition?
IF at some point one of them gets caught by the opposition there will be no exchange.
If they know they have gotten a "SF"/"Commando" soldier they are not only going to kill him, they will make an example out of the man.
That could get ugly.
Thus this release and releases like it endanger your personel even further in a volotile enviroment.

Now back to the regular programming of, who,s boyscouts climbs the ladder the fastest.

//KJ.

Excuse me ?? but who gave you this information about where the Special forces will serve ?? and with who ? and even if this is the case which i agree with you shouldnt of been posted here or wherever you read it how much harm can this do the most amount of information that could of been giving is only the province they will be serving in other then that nothing or am i wrong ? usually nobody knows the place and the operations they will serve in not even the special forces themselfs that information will come much later to them so they might of been send to province xxx but they will be fighting in for example an totally different province nobody knows for sure not even the guys who are send there

Lets face it mate if any of them gets caught be it a regular soldier or a SF/commando they will be killed did it ever happen they released someone ? a captured soldier ? alive that is as far as i know it didnt happen before and the guys send there are well trained for this mission and will do just fine they are the best of the best most of them served several times in Iraq before send to Astan

Last edited:
Excuse me ?? but who gave you this information about where the Special forces will serve ?? and with who ? and even if this is the case which i agree with you shouldnt of been posted here or wherever you read it how much harm can this do the most amount of information that could of been giving is only the province they will be serving in other then that nothing or am i wrong ? usually nobody knows the place and the operations they will serve in not even the special forces themselfs that information will come much later to them so they might of been send to province xxx but they will be fighting in for example an totally different province nobody knows for sure not even the guys who are send there

Lets face it mate if any of them gets caught be it a regular soldier or a SF/commando they will be killed did it ever happen they released someone ? a captured soldier ? alive that is as far as i know it didnt happen before

Some Albanian guy posted a video where the Albanian MOD told anyone with internet connection not only the AOO but the specific city where they would deploy.
They also stated that the Eagle1X X1 whatever would be working with USSF.
According to the Albanian guy posting the link the Albanian MOD also said they would be doing DA mission.

If your "Special Forces" does not know they know where they are going they know less then the Taleban with a computer..:roll:

Yes it has happened, soldiers have gotten traded, or purchased loose from kidnappers (or HR,ed after talks had commenced).
However no SOF service members have.
Simple, if the opposition knows what they hold, chances are smaller they are going to start talks.

Edit to add:
According to the Albanian MOD this SOF unit hadn´t had alot of experience in DA?
Thus multiple rotations to Iraq seems like a rather strange statement?
//KJ.

Last edited:
Some Albanian guy posted a video where the Albanian MOD told anyone with internet connection not only the AOO but the specific city where they would deploy.
They also stated that the Eagle1X X1 whatever would be working with USSF.
According to the Albanian guy posting the link the Albanian MOD also said they would be doing DA mission.

If your "Special Forces" does not know they know where they are going they know less then the Taleban with a computer..:roll:

Yes it has happened, soldiers have gotten traded, or purchased loose from kidnappers (or HR,ed after talks had commenced).
However no SOF service members have.
Simple, if the opposition knows what they hold, chances are smaller they are going to start talks.

//KJ.

Last edited:
I agree Specnaz is kind of overrated.

Unless we are talking about Spetsnaz GRU (Glavnoye Razvedyvatel'noye Upravleniye) a unit of the military intelligence directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. :wink:

Unless we are talking about Spetsnaz GRU (Glavnoye Razvedyvatel'noye Upravleniye) a unit of the military intelligence directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. :wink:

True. :)

This is such a retarded discussion.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE post video of any tier 1 forces in training.

If you guys want to discuss how police and regular light infantry units perform when climbing ladders and driving cars feel free to do so.

There is nothing "Special" about any of these units, and I don´t care what videogamesounding coolname they have.

Don't talk about what you do not know. Vityaz is as 'spec' as it gets. Here is another of their videos, most of this was filmed in Chechnya:

See, most Specnaz are not scared of the enemy, it is the enemy who fears Specnaz, so, why should they hide. They do often wear black masks over their faces
5b.jpg

That scares the enemy as much as it protects their identity.

Now, why are we talking about Albania on this thread? But, since we are, mxm, I hate to disappoint you, but, really, there was no specnaz in the Balkans at the time, or at any time, actually. Except when we took the Pristina Airport, successfully, held it for days, successfully, and you Albanians could do nothing about it, while we were able to evacuate many peaceful Serbs. And when Specnaz also saved Miloshevic's family from Belgrade (they live in Moscow now, the son is married to a Russian girl).

But most whom you faced there were, indeed, just volunteers, like these guys:

Last edited:
The only peopel who were/are scared of the Specnac are i assume peopel with no military background whatsoever (Now i can post videos and or pictures of our special forces posing with well the dead specnac but i am sure i would violate forum rules) so lets just leave it at this ;)

Spetsnaz means in Russian "special purpose" and covers a broad area. There are many Spetsnaz units in Russia on many levels.

In addition, you are very indiscreet for one who claims to be in SF. Indeed, your last comment makes me think that you are not in SF, and if you are, you are very ignorant about other countries' SOF capabilities.

Spetsnaz means in Russian "special purpose" and covers a broad area. There are many Spetsnaz units in Russia on many levels.

In addition, you are very indiscreet for one who claims to be in SF. Indeed, your last comment makes me think that you are not in SF, and if you are, you are very ignorant about other countries' SOF capabilities.

:SLAM: spot on!

5b.jpg

That scares the enemy as much as it protects their identity.

Haha, you´re a funny guy.

"We got super scary skimasks"..

Now had you posted vids of Team Alfa and/or Team Vympel in training I would have agreed they are SF.
However I doubt that kind of videos are out there.
(Operations fotage is available since a few of the OP,s they have pulled have become a tad public.)
Vityaz are police no?
Thus per definition not SF, mearly "Spechul" police, perhaps on par with SWAT.

Now settle down you fivejumpchump..:smile:

As for Albanian SF...Never mind, they got a learningcurve ahead of them.

//KJ.

Last edited:
Back