Special Salutes

DefiantCdr

This happened to a friend of mine while he was still just starting out in cadets. It was at his mess dinner, and he had just been promoted to Corporal, so he was very excited and a little out of it with pride. When he was tasked to go get something from the other room, he juumped on it.

Now, seeings as it was a special occasion, there were quite a few high ranking officers walking around. This guy, as he's passing through the room, walks by two Majors... one on either side. SO, up comes the salute... with both hands.

:drill: :drill:

There is video (during their winter practice, fortunately) of a US Navy Blue Angel pilot saluting with his left hand. It made for a priceless moment during their debrief afterwards (since they videotape everything).

And yeah, Navy Boy, since when was a Major not an officer? You better not be saying that around Charge 7. ;)

Since you seem to know Navy ranks:
- Major = Lieutenant Commander
- Sergeant Major = Master Chief

Don't picking on Navy boy. He don't know about Army and Marine ranks. That's why Navy boy's username is Navy boy because he knows about Navy ranks. LOL..JK.

AJChenMPH said:
There is video (during their winter practice, fortunately) of a US Navy Blue Angel pilot saluting with his left hand. It made for a priceless moment during their debrief afterwards (since they videotape everything).

And yeah, Navy Boy, since when was a Major not an officer? You better not be saying that around Charge 7. ;)

Squid on target, LT. :tank:

Yeah, it took me a good 6 years to learn navy ranks... and I still don't know the NCM ones... I figure just say petty officer and you're pretty much set :D

Back