Special Forces Hidden Identity?

Finbar G

I was wondering why the Special Forces Operatives hide their identity, I am fairly certain why but I was just making sure,

My explanation:
If a special forces operative had their name or face revealed and they were known to be a member of, say, the British SAS (First Special Forces Group That Came To Mind), And they were on a deep cover mission, (The example I'm going to use here is fiction, and is super unrealistic, but the scenario fits the mould for my explanation) My example is the fictional (and very controversial) mission in Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Titled "No Russian" where you, an American on a deep cover operation, and a group of Russian terrorists, attack an airport in Moscow and massacre everyone inside, however, the Russian terrorists are putting on forced American Accents so that the attack would be blamed on the U.S, thus leading to Russia attacking the U.S, but I digress.

If the deep cover operative mentioned had his identity revealed previously as a Special Forces Operative for America, and, considering the Terrorists are not wearing anything to hide their faces, if witnesses or security footage saw him he'd be eventually be recognised as a SF Operative for the U.S, thus raising suspicion of U.S Support of the attack.

In short, if a Special Forces Operative's identity is revealed, he'll cause severe consequences for himself, his peers and his country.

Please verify if this is true or not. I'm not 100% sure if it is true, sorry for using a super unrealistic video game level as my example, but it fits the bill for my scenario.
:sorry:

You gotta stop playing those video games, haha. Never could figure out why the previous admin always tried to make Russia the enemy. At least Trump understands that Russia is more like the USA than the rest of Europe. As far as I know US Special Forces wear uniforms and look pretty much like other Army soldiers, except the hats.

The answer to that is simple, it is hard to justify a huge defence budget if you don't have any enemies.

There always has to be an enemy, if it isn't the Germans, it was the communists, if not the communists it was the Chinese, now it is the Russians.

Back