Special expert interview: Iran sanctions

I am going to go on big limb here...I have been attributing functionality ages to various countries and also assessing them according to the general social moral character development Kohlberg scale. I have not attributed to any country an age greater than 20 years old...meaning...just kidding now a little...do not go overboard with the alcohol anyone, especially when you're all under 21 !

Example ages for various countries: Islamic Republic of Afghanistan: 4, Islamic Republic of Iran: 8, The Kingdom of Thailand: 10,75, The Republic of Bulgaria: 13, The Kingdom of Norway: 15,5. I am actually afraid to say what I thought about the Russian Federation...

What is the Kohlberg moral development scale:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlberg%27s_stages_of_moral_development

The Kingdom of Norway is standing very well within the post-conventional stage, between 5 and 6.

The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, also due to its young age, and to various other co-morbid pathologies (I have been attributing some DSM diagnoses too to various countries, but that means really going out on a limb so I might not actually go way overboard on THAT limb...quite yet !) cannot but find itself in a pre-conventional stage.

The Republic of Bulgaria is finding itself in a conventional stage of moral development, somewhere between 3 and 4 (no major pathology on DSM, just maybe some Adjustment disorder, no major axis II...I am aware that to children and adolescents one cannot habitually attribute axis II diagnoses, but I thought one could discern some emerging traits, depending on the age and on some behaviors...plus I said I was going way out on a limb !)

I have given some thought to the Islamic Republic of Iran, I have taken into account the high level of the general population educational level, I have taken into account general behaviors from the recent contemporary history: I ended up attributing it a conventional stage...meaning that "carrot and stick" approaches may work, nevertheless, I would also like to note two factors:

a) due to the relatively high cohesiveness of the population which is also highly educated, very blunt and non-subtle "stick" approaches may actually work in one's disfavor, by creating backlash, and so would non-subtle "carrot" (narcissistic stroke)approaches, by creating potential ridicule...overall one risks stubborn like non-productive oppositional-defiant situations;

b) recent neuroscience research has determined that punishment sensitive people tend to react positively to stress situations in regards to learning experiences; the opposite is true of punishment indifferent or adverse people; I tend to place the current Iranian society in a rather fragile balance in regards to punishment sensitivity, given the transition age of 8 (with the Erikson-ian competence tasks/learning tasks that that age entails), and some narcissistic traits on axis II.

I am aware that the proposed sactions do not target the entire economy and maybe thus not the immediate well-being of the general population...nevertheless they are entirely exploitable in a propagandistic manner by the current parental figures of the Iranian society, and also create some backlash as outlined above from the general society because they are seen exactly as what they are: non-subtle "sticks".

I do NOT have a better solution for an 8 year old...other than finding a way to involve Child Protective Services if one is really worried about the immediate well being of that 8 year old and/or any other potential half-siblings from around there that the 8 year old obviously cannot take care of by himself/herself alone, given the dysfunctional parental figures plus the dysfunctional relationship between those two parental figures...imminence being yet a point to be determined and further assessed.

In regards to the relationship between the parents: they are independently adult and fully responsible and have full capacity to be aware of their own actions; there are absolutely no signs of folie a deux; there is a degree of dysfunctional complicity involved; separation will not be easy, in spite of some very recent very superficial practically almost non-exploitable fissures in that relationship (IMHO).

I am going to stop here for now. It is all the fault of expert Mark Fitzpatrick, don't come looking for me ! Plus...if I were to be prematurely temporarily silenced by mistake by an old misplaced Bulgarian umbrella carrying some currare or, preferably, botox agent in its tip, you'll never find out what I was thinking about the Russian Federation !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erikson's_stages_of_psychosocial_development

Last edited:
P.S. I was totally sober when I wrote that stuff above. Now that I have permitted myself a gulp of Remy Martin, I shall actually attempt to transmit something to the expert: Dear Mr. Fitzpatrick of the IISS, you may share my analysis with the other Mr. Mark, (Allworthy), but please delete the references to the Russian Federation in case you wish to discuss my notions in a group ! I wouldn't want Ms. Antonenko and Mr. Giegerich to be mad at me for my total lack in diplomatic skills. I am already in the doghouse in Scandinavia right now, undergoing a massive culture shock, hence giving away for free stuff that is quite valuable. I have assessed my own pathology and have concluded that, when stressed, I tend to operate in wikileaks fashion, so please take everything I write with a grain of salt, and do not let it influence in any way your expertise programme. Just in case your colleagues, Mr. Huxley & Mr. Tarawneh are curious about my own quarter style geopolitical view of the world, as pertaining to the XXIst century, informed by the previous 2, they can find the transcript of that conversation somehwere on one of my blogs. I hope the information provided by me so far can solve the problem of homework and doctoral theses and book subjects for the next decade for the IISS...because, at this point, considering it is almost evening in the Kingdom of Norway, I tend to be more skeptically conservative, and opine that the situation in the Islamic Republic of Iran is more likely to be eventually resolved by natural causes than by anything else.

Last edited:
Back