Special Activities Division

Sekund

I have read about this CIA Special Activities Division which has gone by other names (MSP, Special Activites Staff, etc). There was an article I read that said that in the 1st Gulf war one of these operatives (belonging to the Special Operations part of SAD) was sent to Kuwait (then occupied by Iraqi troops) to infiltrate the american embassy and retrieve sensitive materiel. The operative supposedly did this three times that same night.

If this story is true, what kind of training would someone receive for something like this? I assume it would have to be something that goes beyond your standard 2-3 year commando program. These people would be something like the real life Solid Snakes or Jason Bournes.

I assume the agency recruits mainly military officers (like Spann) and then there is this G8 training division, Spann's partner Dave Tyson (probably not his real name, speaks) who survived Qala-i-Janghi and other stuff I don't remember.

If you have any additional info on this SAD or If you were a former member who wishes to spill his guts about everything that goes on in there (yeah, that will happen) , let me know please.

Hey There

This is all second hand, so it could all be crap.

I had some contact with a couple of ex-US Army Special Forces guys now working as PMCs in Iraq. They both--independently--indicated that all the SAD operators they had encountered were ex-military, some SF, some 1st SFOD and some Force Recon. They called the SAD guys in Iraq "contractors," which I found amusing given both guys were PMCs, but they indicated the term refers to the "arms-length" connection with their handlers.

Of course, I could corroborate either guy's story or that they had, in fact, served with the US SF, but they both have sterling reputations in their circles.

For what it's worth.

Sekund said:
I have read about this CIA Special Activities Division which has gone by other names (MSP, Special Activites Staff, etc). There was an article I read that said that in the 1st Gulf war one of these operatives (belonging to the Special Operations part of SAD) was sent to Kuwait (then occupied by Iraqi troops) to infiltrate the american embassy and retrieve sensitive materiel. The operative supposedly did this three times that same night.

If this story is true, what kind of training would someone receive for something like this? I assume it would have to be something that goes beyond your standard 2-3 year commando program. These people would be something like the real life Solid Snakes or Jason Bournes.

I assume the agency recruits mainly military officers (like Spann) and then there is this G8 training division, Spann's partner Dave Tyson (probably not his real name, speaks) who survived Qala-i-Janghi and other stuff I don't remember.

If you have any additional info on this SAD or If you were a former member who wishes to spill his guts about everything that goes on in there (yeah, that will happen) , let me know please.

Most pospective canidates are retired or ex-military, with special forces and special operatiosn training.

Dear Member,

There is a saying about the CIA, Delta, etc: "Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."

This one quote explains it all to your question.

Jack E. Hammond

Back