Do you speak multiple languages?

What are you?

• Total voters
We don't have russian marines here, but a friend of mine is russian and we have some russian scientists on university so I can train speaking, but at the moment I have less time so that I can not learn as much as I want. But maybe in the christmasholidays.

I'm just learning Icelandic at the moment for the craic so far all I can say is halló Hvernig ert þú?( hey how u doing?)

Irishone said:
I'm just learning Icelandic at the moment for the craic so far all I can say is halló Hvernig ert þú?( hey how u doing?)

thats nice, I have had some interest in the icelandic language.
Any reasons as to why u study it though?

Just for the craic really but many to understand what the hell the guys in sigur ros are saying :p Would like to know the lyrics. But figured I might as well learn a language. Its different

Australian - fluent when not on the coca cola
Italian - fluent (including hand & finger gestures)
German - do a great Col. Klink & Sgt Shultz
American - can do JFK's entire inaugural in his Boston accent
Scottish - perfect, especially when singing
Irish - poor, comes out Cornish

:hide:

Padre said:
Australian - fluent when not on the coca cola
Italian - fluent (including hand & finger gestures)
German - do a great Col. Klink & Sgt Shultz
American - can do JFK's entire inaugural in his Boston accent
Scottish - perfect, especially when singing
Irish - poor, comes out Cornish

:hide:

:bravo: :lol:

Oh come on, english is the only language that really matters...

But really I can speak fair spanish, understand most german and speak a little, and have aspirations of learning the aforementioned plus Russian and Japanese.

I don't speak "English" I speak "patriot," also known as "Bostonian" or to some, known as "what the hell did you just say?"

As for other languages, Russian and French, a little Spanish, a little German, a little less Arabic and currently, I'm trying to nail Hindi. (Not a Hindi, just Hindi)

I was stationed in Keflavik for a while, I found you can understand and speak it better when you're inebriated.

i took 2 years of french but never understood it and failed second year but i know enough of it to get by and now im about to start taking german

Well, I learnt English And Chinese from young so I am very fluent in both! Recently I learne German and am continue to do so, So German can be counted as my thrid Language!

nope...im nearly fluent in spanish and almost halfway there in english....lol...but im an ambassador for the north to the southern states, im very good in REDNECK!!

Back