the spartan has arrived!

spartanSQ

hey people,

i was referred from a moderator to come and intorduce myself.... so here i am...lol basically i'm a teenage wild fire.... and i got involoved with this forum through a search engine while looking for research on the "women in combat" topic. I am the Armed Drill Team Commander at my highschool, ad WE KICK ROYAL ASS! we're the team you see at the meets that comes with nothing and leaves with everything. obviously i am very proud of hat leadership position, but i guess i should'va at least stated my name and all the generals: first off, my name is heather, i'm a highschool student in valrico fl. and have a passion for life. FUturistically i plan to go to college after my senior year is completed and then see where the wind takes me... but as of now the game plan is to join the army and see what womens position amongst the ranks is then... not unlike your raider girl, am persuing a career amongst your rangers... although, nothings written on paper just yet. lol

thanks, spartan

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your future career (wouldn't hold my breath on the Rangers though, ma'am ;) ).

Because females cannot go 11, 18, or 19 series (I believe those are the only still all-male MOSs, correct me if I'm mistaken, please), and it is not likely that that will change in our lifetimes, if ever.

i'd beg to differ... times a changin and anythings possible... not to mention military standards for women have escaladed from nurses to actual military occupations within my mother's lifetime... why not ours?

Welcome to that forum.

Who knows what the future holds you may vary well become a Ranger. God bless all the same. :D

spartanSQ said:
i'd beg to differ... times a changin and anythings possible... not to mention military standards for women have escaladed from nurses to actual military occupations within my mother's lifetime... why not ours?

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1287

thanks! thats good to here... so who are you guys if you dont mind me asking???

My introduction was done a year ago, and I can't seem to find it now :lol: . Anyway, I'm a 22 year old Army ROTC MS III/IV with an Active Duty contract, hoping to get branched 19 or 11 series (Armor or Infantry), and planning on staying in the service till they kick me out. Right now I'm finishing up a History major (hardcore, I know :lol: ) and fighting fires in my decreasing off-time.

hello spartan: welcome to the forum

Just a word: if you see what looks like bullets on the left hand side of the screen under the persons screen name, why thats a forum moderator! :shock:

They are merciless...cruel...sometime good looking (in the Case of Redneck) sometime not so good looking (Oh sherman!) and sometimes they are plumb out of their minds!

Just remember: your best defense against one of these people is...candy. Send lots and lots of candy ooops! I forgot! run when you see that guy Redleg with the BIG Artillary shell...gotta go! See Yah! :D l

Well

Welcome. I don't know about Ranger, but when you aim high you usualy achieve great things.

Oh, and LOL@ugly Sherman....

Mark Conley said:
sometime good looking (in the Case of Redneck)

Awwww, Mark..... I never knew ;) .
:lol:

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm also S-4 (Battalion supply officer) and S-7 (Battalion Hick) for the Surfrider Battalion. I'm working on getting an S-9 (Battalion "kicked out of the Army for making stupid jokes" almost officer) position, too.

Redneck said:
I'm working on getting an S-9 (Battalion "kicked out of the Army for making stupid jokes" almost officer) position, too.

Paperwork is being processed as we speak. ;)

Hi spartanSQ and welcome to the forum. I would beg to differ with your implication that a nurse is not an actual military occupation and the standards for Army nurses are quite high, thank you. While you're right that anything can happen, it's not likely that combat arms will open up to women in time for you to be eligible (18 - 35 y/o). But don't give up hope, you might want to have a plan B in case though. ;) I wish you all the success in the world in your military career.
To answer your question about who I am - I am retired from the U.S. Army. After 22 yrs. in the infantry, I figured it was time and retired as a 1SG.

I haven't been here too long but this is the most popular newbie I have ever seen! Spartan, you already rock and Redneck , that is one cool hat!
:cowb: :drill:

well that tops my resume red-neck... oh and thanks for the moderator tips.... i think...
lol as for the whole "nurse implication DTOP, as a matter of fact in the beginning the only position open to women in the military WAS that of A FIELD NURSE. my grandmother was one... and congrats to the 22 years in the service... thats a LONG-ass time. oh- and thanks for the warm welcome guys, its much appreciated. ;)

I don't quite understand your last post (the part directed to me). I was taking issue with the fact that you said that
from nurses to actual military occupations
, the implication seemed to be that nurses don't have a real military occupation. The fact is they do. I actually marrried one of them :) and I don't think she'd take kindly to anyone who didn't think that her MOS was not an "actual military occupation".

No what you just said was what i've been trying o say..and because i'm too lazy i say we forget it and go on to the next topic.

Back