Spanish PM offers state protection to 'Octopus Paul' after death threats!

SwordFish_13

Hi,

Milan, July 9(ANI):

Spanish Prime Minister Jose Zapatero has jokingly offered state protection for Paul, the psychic octopus, who has received death threats from German fans over his World Cup predictions.

Paul, from Aquarium Sea Life Centre in Oberhausen, Germany, had predicted the outcome of all six of Germany's matches, including the 1-0 semi-final loss to Spain, by choosing to eat food from boxes adorned with the flags of Germany and its rivals.

Now Spain's politicians are worried that some German fans may take their "revenge" on the octopus for their team's exit.

"I am concerned for the octopus ... I am thinking of sending him a protective team," News.com.au quoted Zapatero, as saying.

Spanish Environment and Fisheries Minister, Elena Espinosa, suggested a moratorium on going after Paul.

"On Monday, I shall be at the European Council of Ministers and I shall be asking for a [fishing] ban on Paul the octopus so the Germans do not eat him," Elena said.

The threat to Paul's life has escalated after some sections of the German fans were spotted singing anti-octopus songs.

According to a local newspaper, there have been "a host of comments on Facebook, Twitter ... suggesting Paul should be fried, barbecued or turned into a seafood salad or paella".

"Others wanted to throw him into the shark tank," the paper added.

Major predictions, which came true in this World Cup, have been in the Germany-England Round of 16 clash and Germany-Argentina quarterfinal game. Paul had chosen Germany's flag on both the occasions.

If the eight-limbed oracle survives the threats, fans would be thinking twice about dismissing his advice in future. (ANI)

Paul should be fried, barbecued or turned into a seafood salad or paella , I almost fell off my chair laughing after reading this comment :mrgreen:

Peace
-=SF-13=-

crossposting here, but as I ran into the thread and just wrote the post on the other forum (note my "A" key does not work properly: Either does not fire for mny attempts or multiple)...

The Octopus hs cst his verdicts agin...

According to him, Germany will make third, and Spain will win the cup (sorry, Henk):

Germn Octopus "Paul" elects Spin s winner of the C in South Africa

OTOH, if you check the details, it seems he obviously prefers the RIGHT side 80%, a new scheme to follow for betting it seems....

s was not to be expected differently aafter 1000 fans wanted to kill him after the Wednesday match nd police hd to protect him (and s our politicians either have nothing more serious to taake care of, or simply *always* want to ride a wve tht surges), Spanish Foreign Minister Moratinos nd President Zpatero yesterdy offered "political" asylum to Paul in Spain (aaaaagainst the German Hoolignas that wanted him dead) and the Minister of Interior, Mr. Rubalcaba, is contemplating giving him Spanish Passport and to construct a monument in the hert of Maadrid should his last prognosis become true....

Laatest proposals include even to change the Spnish Flag (this haas *all* my support, it would open new horizons, seriously!)

Before:
bander_espanola.jpg

According to new proposl from the left in parliament:
bandera_espanola_nueva.jpg

THIS IS SPAIN !!! (...and I love it just because...)
huh.gif
angry.gif
hihi.gif
Tip-Hat.gif
give_a_smile2.gif

Rattler

P.S.: But do not think you would get asylum if you are persecuted for your beliefs, e.g. in Cuba.... Wht is a human versus an octopus?? ;D R.
[/quote]

He is the new Oracle... handed down by the Gods every four thousand years. We must protect him with our very lives!!!!!!
Ask more questions. More important ones at that.

So we have multitudes of elected and non elected representatives debating the future of an entree, I always knew that my tax money was well spent!

I actually lean towards Harold the potato, true he has not picked any winners, nor has be backed any losers, a true politician, I mean vegetable, or is it the other way around?

ROFL!

This is getting out of hand:

Now Octupus Paul got "Girlfriend", the lobster of Glici (Spnish province) "Paula", she lso predited Spain to win (machine translated link to Engish):

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cadenaser.com%2Fsociedad%2Farticulo%2Fpulpo-paul-tiene-novia%2Fserpro%2F20100709csrcsrsoc_4%2FTes&sl=es&tl=en

2010-07-17_IMG_2010-07-10_02.56.57__4567638.jpg

Then we have the tortoise "Jose Maria" (lso opted for Spain), some Guinea pigs nd cats, etc... proliferation of nimaal orcles:

http://translate.google.com/transla...0/animales/prediccion/resultados/&sl=es&tl=en

I stick with Pul, he only erred once nd that was in the FINL of the EC 2008, so the "Tulips" still hve some hope I guess... :)

Raattler (NOTE my "A" key does not work properly: Either does not fire for mny attempts or multiple)...

For the "Tulips", not even water!, Yes, we can!, Holnd prepare!:

Ad running in Spin: For the "Tulips" not even water, Yes we can!

P.S.:

Uhh.. is Osama bin Laden still alive?
is Kim Jong-il going to last 10 years?
Will our children speak Chinese?

Those re relly more important questions thn who will win the WC? Relly?

I sincerely dont give dmn what languge my grnd children will speak (my children all spek 4 languages, Chinese not amongst), Osm is either ded or not but this is without significnce for the WoT, nd Kim Jong-Il earned all my respect as the only guy who managed the (only?) NK golf course plying for the first time in his life 38 below par incl. 5 holes-in-one, such genious desrves to mke millions when confronting the lme duck Tiger Woods over the next 10 years methinks :) :

http://www.oobgolf.com/content/fore+play/1-211-Kim_Jongil_Best_Golfer_in_the_World.html

Rttler

Last edited:
Yeah, congratulations Rattler, i truly enjoyed Spanish team during the World Cup. Viva Casillas!

I've heared a joke lately about the future of football. Now a typical game will be like this: the teams go out on the field, listen to the anthems, shake hands, then they carry out an octopus and two boxes...

ROFL :) THe octopus thing has not be decided yet, now we have a ****, the pig "Furia" (who decided on Holland before the match, but on Spain in the break before extra time), a turtle.... they might have to shift the matches to a zoo, then... :)

Rattler

Back