Spain is pulling out in Iraq? - Page 2

--

April 19th, 2004  
Jamoni

Hmmm. Terror strikes right before an election? Makes you wonder when the next strikes against the U.S. will be, no? I hope Bush's administration is as good as you guys think it is, for our sakes.
April 20th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: nope

Quote:
Do what your people want and you keep the power
Ben Gurion said:
Quote:
It dose not matter what the people want, it only matters what the people need.
April 20th, 2004  
Redneck

Kind of like a Hobbes/Locke argument, huh?
--
April 20th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: ?

April 20th, 2004  
Redneck

Two English philosophers from the 17th c. who had different views on the nature of government's role and the citizen's responsibility to his government, and those quotes are pretty much their positions in a nutshell.
April 20th, 2004  
Spyfly

Topic: Spain is pulling out in Iraq?

Spain moves out now, later will the other countries as well. I think that it is good that people have realized what kind of casualties they might take if their country takes a big part in this war. Terrorist attacks will probably happen in other countries that take a big part in the war as well (i mean big attacks not the small ones because those already happened). Perhaps Spain made a mistake by deciding to move their troops from Iraq right after the attack because this is a clear sign that people are afraid of them. I think this hole situation will encourage the terrorists now.
April 20th, 2004  
Jtf2

Sherman: They dont NEED to go wage war...the reason they were attacked in the first place was because of that same war
April 20th, 2004  
Redleg

Topic: Re: Spain is pulling out in Iraq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyfly
I think this hole situation will encourage the terrorists now.
I'm afraid that it may do that as well...

"Never negotiate with terrorists" is a golden rule.
And I think that Spain may have done this indirectly now..
(Maybe not with purpose, but the terrorists may see it this way)
April 21st, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoni
Hmmm. Terror strikes right before an election? Makes you wonder when the next strikes against the U.S. will be, no? I hope Bush's administration is as good as you guys think it is, for our sakes.
Bush proved he has to balls to stand up to the terrorists. You can call him a lot of things (no one is perfect), but you can't call him a coward. Two major conflicts which effectivley destroyed governments (if you could call it that) that harbored and supported and helped terrorists, whether you believe he misled us or not, the fact is those terrorists are no longer supported there. Security is at an all time high. I think a lot has been done to prevent another major terrorist attack in the US.

My 2 cents.
April 21st, 2004  
panzer

I believe that this hurts us more than it can possibly help, we need help Iraq. We can not do a War on terror without other countries helping us along the way. This is not a good thing and it is horrible if it is assoicated with the terror attacks in Spain.