Spain could force-feed Madrid bombing accused (Reuters)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
Reuters - A judge on Wednesday warned suspects on trial for Spain's worst terror attack they will be force fed if necessary as more of the accused went on hunger strike.

Read more...

I ask in all seriousness,.... Why?

(1) Initially it will cut down on the costs borne by the taxpayer.
(2) The long tern effect will save even more money.

I ask in all seriousness,.... Why?

(1) Initially it will cut down on the costs borne by the taxpayer.
(2) The long tern effect will save even more money.

In answer to why, when they are alive in prison they are just another criminal. Dead, they become some kind of martyr, particularly if they take their own life. If executed like a regular criminal, martyrdom is not in the books. So that is why force feed them.

And at a Nation State level, the cost of feeding and incarcerating one person is not even noticable.

Martyr,... did I hear you say martyr? The word in this case is "Idiot" and if they wish to save the taxpayers money, far be it for me to try and stop them.

It's a death befitting a fool, slow and painful. If we did it to them we'd be accused of being criminals, whereas if they do it to themselves,.... one fool less, and the world becomes a better place.

The martyr is a strong figure in Middle Eastern cultures. Note that there is no one waving Saddam's pic around, other than the one with his neck broke. Had he gotten shot, some damn fool would have hyped his martyrdom. Let the &^****%*&^%^% rot in a jail cell.

Back