Sox Win It!

what the hell, i thought the cardinals were supposed to be good? they just got swept.

bring on spring training, the yanks need another world championship.

This is great.

I've been a Bruins fan for 20 years now and maybe some of this will rub on them as well. :)

I'm feeling positive even though the Red Sox are not my team. My team is the other cursed team -- the Chicago Cubs. So you have to figure that if John Elway and the Denver Broncos can win a Superbowl and the Red Sox can win the World Series, may Cubs can destroy their own demonic evil curse. And while we're at it, how bout the Yankees not winning another one for 50 years while all of the intelligently run club in MLB besides them win one or two.

Too much to hope for --- because they ignore the rules and salary cap, the Yanks can probably buy their way back to another World Series win in the near future.

I was personally hoping the god i irony would allow the cards to come back and win the next four... i don't care about either team i just thought it would be dang funny!!! oh well it is about time for you sox fans.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

intelligently run clubs? are you saying that joe torre doesn't know how to run a club? he's one of the most successful post season coaches of all time, he's an amazing coach. that's a complete insult to his ability to run a baseball team. if you're talking about steinbrenner, then ok, sometimes i have no idea what he's thinking. for example, spending more money on a hr hitting team than a team with pitching. hopefully he'll figure that out next season.

but i'm all for the cubs winning a series. i said this before the sox won, but i'd rather see the cubs break a curse before the sox.

and in my book, it has everything to do with the cards not being able to play baseball. they didn't have any pitching and it showed. then when they were supposed to be a powerhouse offensive team, i couldn't tell. you can't say that about the yankees because they scored 19 runs in one night. given, they still lost the series, but at least they won a few games first.

Dude. They won it 3 to 0. Not 4 to 1 :p

I gotta say I am one HAPPY ****ING RED SOX FAN WHOO HOO!!!

I'm a huge Sox fan

egoz said:
intelligently run clubs?
Should have explained what I meant I guess. By this, I'm ruling out the Milwakie Brewers, who's owner is a :cen: ing retard without a clue about how to run a SUCCESSFUL baseball club. There is quite a list of other teams who will probably only ever win a World Series by divine intervention. My comment was not referring to coaches and staff, but the money and management guys. The most brilliant coaching staff ever would have hard time making a success out of many of the underfunded MLB clubs.

if you're talking about steinbrenner, then ok, sometimes i have no idea what he's thinking. for example, spending more money on a hr hitting team than a team with pitching. hopefully he'll figure that out next season.
He is the enemy. Why is it that he cannot abide by the rules? Your supposed to work within the rules so the game is fair. He isn't a believer in such a concept of "fairness" and will likely flout salary cap rules till the day he dies. If the bad karma from their owner's disregard for the bylaws of Major League Baseball holds, they will not win another World Series till they comply.

The Yankees are a great team. No team has been so dominant of any major league sport in American history. That's got a lot to do with why I don't want to see them win another Series for a long time and generally root against them. Lets spread the glory around a bit already.

but i'm all for the cubs winning a series. i said this before the sox won, but i'd rather see the cubs break a curse before the sox.
In a contest of fairness, the Cubs should have ended their curse a long time ago. Red Sox curse was The Bambino Curse -- their idiot owner sold Babe Ruth, the best baseball player of all time. The Chicago Cubs curse involves an old man and a goat, and its just completely stupid.

and in my book, it has everything to do with the cards not being able to play baseball. they didn't have any pitching and it showed. then when they were supposed to be a powerhouse offensive team, i couldn't tell. you can't say that about the yankees because they scored 19 runs in one night. given, they still lost the series, but at least they won a few games first.
They had an AMAZING regular season. How did they accomplish that with a lousy baseball team?

I wonder, is this Red Sox team the first Wildcard to sweep a World Series? I can't think of anyone else who's done it.

ok, i'm just being spiteful because i didn't want to see the sox win, but still, the cards could have at least put up a fight. but again, all it goes to show is that pitching is just as important or more so than a good offense. i say raise the mounds again and then we'll see who's the better baseball team. this "chicks dick the long ball crap" will only go so far.

i'm going to have to ask my brother about the wild card team thing. he's an encyclopedia on baseball.

godofthunder9010 said:
I'm feeling positive even though the Red Sox are not my team. My team is the other cursed team -- the Chicago Cubs. So you have to figure that if John Elway and the Denver Broncos can win a Superbowl...

Aw, come oooon now! Lay off Johnny boy! He's THE man!

...and the Cubs definitely neeed one next year.

Well, ol' John Elway SEEMED cursed and it looked like his personal curse would doom any Broncos team he led to the Superbowl to lose. He demolished that curse.

I'm not saying anything about his ability. One of the best ever, we all know this. Curses sometimes follow the best of players.

Back