Soviets plan to destroy earth

battery

Does anyone know about the soviet's plan to build a giant nuclear ship? It was meant to explode if communism were ever to be on the brink of destruction or if the soviets were losing a war. It had the power to destroy earth apparently... No sources yet :evil:

This is so gross, that it might be true :shock: ;)

But nevertheless, I'd like to read it from some reliable sources

seriously doubt it for 2 reasons

1. We'd know about it....if it has enough nukes to destroy the world it will need to be f00kin huge and with the amount of sattelites we've got flyin around up there we'd find it.....

2. It would be stupid....why would they put all the nukes on 1 ship that could be taken out with one missile while the nukes arent armed...they would probably use lots of subs...

but what do I know

:shock:

Is this sort of like the Soviets plan in "Dr. Strangelove" to destroy the whole world in case something happened to them.

First time I've heard of this plan though, maybe they were just planning it and thats all, it probably never left the drawing board.

factiod: the full title of "Dr. Strangelove" is---

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

It was a plan proposed in the 50's and was meant to be a sort of "if we're goin' down you're comin with us" plan. It was meant to be up in the tundra and detonate in the situation Soviet communism were in danger or in the case they were losing a war. I'll do what I can to find sources.

I think the Soviets would have stopped such a thing.
I think if it came down to it, they would have stopped Stalin too. Stalin I believe would have been nuts enough to try that. The rest of the Soviets, I think not.
I already gave an example of the missile officer who got "MISSILE LAUNCH" readings from his instruments because of odd reflections that came off the top of some US Missile silos. And he did not relay this immidiately to superiors who he felt would just initiate launch of nukes. He did not believe the US really fired those and thought it was simply an accident in the program. He was right.
I think if one side launched nukes... one side would have seen to it that they didn't. If they lose, if it's the end for them then fine, but I think at that point their concern would have been to try to at least stop the earth from ending.
Just my little view on the matter of world destruction.

But serious, Soviets were indeed planing to blow up MOON. Check Google, they really thought so, mmm, or maybe it was Russian scientists suggesting to nuke MOON a couple of years ago, I read it on newspaper. The reason is: MOON is bad for EARTH.

FlyingFrog said:
But serious, Soviets were indeed planing to blow up MOON. Check Google, they really thought so, mmm, or maybe it was Russian scientists suggesting to nuke MOON a couple of years ago, I read it on newspaper. The reason is: MOON is bad for EARTH.
how so?

Trevor said:
I think you're thinking about the doomsday machine, from a movie I can't remember.

Which one? there was a doomsday in Dr Strangelove, there was one in an episode of star trek.

Interestingly enough the idea for a "Doomsday" machine was originally an american idea, although it was supposed to be with hydrogen bombs.

http://trace.ntu.ac.uk/frame2/articles/borg/kahn.html

I liked this part :p

Kahn (only half jokingly) proposed his "Doomsday Machine," a massive computer connected to a stockpile of hydrogen bombs. When the computer sensed imminent and intolerable danger from a Soviet attack, it would detonate the bombs and cover the planet with radiation fallout and billions of dead. No one laughed.

(except for Stanley Kubrick, whose 1964 dark comedy, Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb)

ooo, i remember now. Is Dr. Strangeglove the movie where that guy is ride atop that bomb release from the B-52?

no

I think that thats bull. And if they did y would they want to do that. We would destroy just them and only them if that happened. Even if civilians get hurt the world would depend on it.

Back