Soviet Superweapon used vs CHina in the 60s

Status
Not open for further replies.

victortsoi

My father was in the red navy during the early 70s, and during this time border skirmishes flared up with the chinese all the time. There was a rumour throughout soviet military that they had used some superweapon to obliterate the disputed island of Damansk.
dad doesnt neccesarily believe the story, but im curious as if it has some kernel of truth.

Both were commies, you'd think they'd get along right?

So much for ideological similarties uniting people... I guess ethnicity is more relevant.

This is news to me.

No. Even Churchill talked about how these Communist groups, who preached the brotherhood of all mankind cracked him up because none of these communist groups could agree or get along with each other to begin with :lol:

Churchill was dope.

We need more of him.

Communism is sort of like religion, it's all about being good to one another and brotherhood and equality but when it comes down to it greed dictates action.

weird.

You would think America's presence in Vietnam would unite Russia in China at that time. Especially after Korea too.

Nationalisms a *****

hey hey, not much of a fair fight is it: soviets with mass armored divisions mastertanker guderian had dreamt of attacking the chinese who had little armored power

about the communist idology, it was mainly because of kuschreav, wutever the hell his name is, after stalin

he was disgrminating aginist china, more or less from a personal threat that made the entire soviet union aginist china

I read through some of that. The anthrax part is highly dubious. Anthrax is a dangerous pathogen, but nobody has been able to make it into an effective weapon of mass desctruction because nobody can solve getting a dose into massive numbers of people.

And it wouldn't stop anything from growing on an island.

You can find anthrax spores in dirt. They remain viable for a long time. They've successfully used spores discovered in articles of clothing found in the pyramids.

Also, common antibiotics stop it dead in its tracks. When they had anthrax in the Senate office building and the post offices they used some hot-rod antibiotic that is hard on kidneys, but old antibiotics from the 1950s knock the crap out of it.

Rancher's kid - seen it kill cattle.

"about the communist idology, it was mainly because of kuschreav, wutever the h**l his name is, after stalin"

Wrong. Stalinism was the first major corruption of communist ideals. It was already twisted from what Marx and Engels had envisioned by Lenin, but Stalin totally bent it out of any similarity to anything like what "Das Capital" was about. Khrushchev was actually a reformer in comparison to Stalin. After the missles of October he became more and more increasingly willing to negotiate with the West and that is why Breshnev and the politburo kicked him out of power.

Charge_7 said:
"about the communist idology, it was mainly because of kuschreav, wutever the h**l his name is, after stalin"

Wrong. Stalinism was the first major corruption of communist ideals. It was already twisted from what Marx and Engels had envisioned by Lenin, but Stalin totally bent it out of any similarity to anything like what "Das Capital" was about. Khrushchev was actually a reformer in comparison to Stalin. After the missles of October he became more and more increasingly willing to negotiate with the West and that is why Breshnev and the politburo kicked him out of power.

Nicely said...

I think he is means Krushev's behavior with China led to a split between the two countries in the 1960s. Mao did not trust Krushev's warming of relations with the West by negotiating away China's issues with India and Taiwan, etc.

China and North Vietnam have a lengthy history of conflict.

When one country negotiates away another country's vital interests to a common enemy, you are going to risk a split no matter what the form of government.

China had a hot border dispute with India, and, without consulting with China, Kruschev pulled the rug out from under them. He basically treated China like a child instead of a full partner, and the Chinese did not take it well. So they chilled relationships with Russia.

The only weapon in the late 60's would be a neutron bomb explosion that could devastate an island with low radiation effects. IMO.

LOL!
im the guy that started that strategypage thread, im Achtunglagg on that site btw.
i didnt get satisfactory responses there so i asked you guys.
probably some skirmish that got elaborated on a lot.

Charge_7 said:

and also his crappy agricultural policies

" you will not retreat or u'll be fed to geramans" -khusrkev

lol, he is not a good politican, as far as i know hes a read hard-edger, capable of driving men to the limits, but hes not intelligent

lol, my father also told me that when he was in the college for civil engineering the leading civil engineer was put into a mental hospital for daring to tell khrustchev that his plan of making two dams on one river was wrong....

victortsoi said:
lol, my father also told me that when he was in the college for civil engineering the leading civil engineer was put into a mental hospital for daring to tell khrustchev that his plan of making two dams on one river was wrong....

lol, he should have been, in my state alone we have four dams on the Missourri River, construction on these dams started in the 40's and were completed in the early 60's.

The only reason for multiple dams is for navigation of locks up and down the river. Lock #26 on the Mississippi is located near St. Louis. There are a lot more downriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back