South Ossetia war

Shmack

This is a good set of pics taken right after the 2008 Russian-Georgian war, barrels are still hot.
http://army.lv/?s=2580&cs=0
I'll post some of those i liked most.

T-80 tank company with a BMP in vanguard coming through Roki tunnel back to Russia.
10959.jpg

Gathering captured munitions in Gori. US M16 rifles.
10979.jpg

A farewell to arms, small arms and light weapons.
10978.jpg

Russian and Georgian soldiers having a smoke.
11239.jpg

Officers and soldiers from the 19th motor rifle div of the 58th field army being awarded with Orders of Courage, August 18th.
11391.jpg

The US Humvees captured in the port of Poti. The most interesting and controversial loot of the war.
15372.jpg

And this one was really outstanding and unexpected. 203-mm 2S7 'Pion' which is sometimes called world's most powerful SP gun (its max range of fire usng 100kg shell is really record-breaking 55 km). All in all more than a hudnred of different weaponry were looted, including 65 tanks and one such thing:
15369.jpg

:camo:
16160.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some more:
Flagship of Georgian Navy, missile boat 'Tbilisi' burns at Poti, after Russian bombing 003.jpg

Russian Specnaz troops in South Ossetia
6149527.jpg

Russian tank in Gori, Georgia
6150856.jpg

Damaged and abandoned Georgian army armoured vehicle and dead Georgian soldier nearby
6155801.jpg

Russian soldier fires rocket launcher
6156332.jpg

Russian troops and Ossetian militia side by side in Tskhinval
6160501.jpg

South Ossetians celebrate Republic Day last year
5f23982e50_157172.jpg

1.jpg
%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%B5_view.jpg

0db029fc658279af5dcff035cd77afe4.jpg
(boy with Russian flag, dad with Ossetian one)
3-1.jpg
South_Ossetia.jpg
1259006572_6.jpg

7.jpg
48b4930e416160.70456385
080823-17f.jpg

south-ossetian-kids.jpg

Expect the same this summer :) Sorry guys, these people will not go back to Georgia, no matter how much US and NATO want it. They fought to the death to not be part of Georgia. Respect their wishes and recognize their independence already.

Last edited:
Prapor, please don't soil the thread with politics. :confused:

It is a political topic, dude. You are the one showing 'Russian and Georgian soldiers going for a smoke', what b******t. Like that ever happened. Are they traitors, smoke with enemy?

It is a political topic, dude. You are the one showing 'Russian and Georgian soldiers going for a smoke', what b******t. Like that ever happened. Are they traitors, smoke with enemy?
First of all i'm not 'dude'. Second, you watch too much television.

First of all i'm not 'dude'. Second, you watch too much television.

I may watch too much TV, but I know guys who were in Tskhinval in 2008, including my own brother. They did not go smoke with Georgians. Why would they... That's like smoking with boeviki in Chechnya, or dukhi in Afghan, or the fascists in GPW... Georgians may have been our friends once, but in that war, and since that war, they are our enemy. That's not politics, that's reality. Accept it and move on.

I may watch too much TV, but I know guys who were in Tskhinval in 2008, including my own brother. They did not go smoke with Georgians. Why would they... That's like smoking with boeviki in Chechnya, or dukhi in Afghan, or the fascists in GPW... Georgians may have been our friends once, but in that war, and since that war, they are our enemy. That's not politics, that's reality. Accept it and move on.
Well, firstly again homage to your veteran brother.
I want to say that all people are different. Your brother and some others wouldn't smoke with the Georgians, others wouldn't mind because they don't care whom to kill and who to smoke with. Everyone acts differently at war. Russian soldiers used to smoke with the Chechens, used to dinner with the Afghans, as well as used to drink with the Germans. That never prevented them from killing those people the next day.

If this somehow embarrases you, it's just up to you. The Georgians are neither my friends, nor my enemies, and they never used to be. I'm an officer, not a volunteer.

Well, firstly again homage to your veteran brother.
I want to say that all people are different. Your brother and some others wouldn't smoke with the Georgians, others wouldn't mind because they don't care whom to kill and who to smoke with. Everyone acts differently at war. Russian soldiers used to smoke with the Chechens, used to dinner with the Afghans, as well as used to drink with the Germans. That never prevented them from killing those people the next day.

If this somehow embarrases you, it's just up to you. The Georgians are neither my friends, nor my enemies, and they never used to be. I'm an officer, not a volunteer.

Well, fair enough. But, not how I was raised. I guess... my grandmother is Ossetian, from Mozdok, and we have family all over the region, Vladikavkaz, Prigorodny raion, and in South too, Tskhinval. My other side are Terek kazaks, who consider Ossetians brothers, understandably since 1/3 of them has Ossetian blood. 4,000 kazaks and maybe 10,000 Ossetians from the North went to Tskhinval, Java, etc, in the summer of 2008. As opolchenie, as volunteers, not regular forces, with AKs and other weapons we, ourselves, bought somewhere (including from local 58th Army bases, yes :D). All those people went there to defend their families, their friends, those who they love, their land. To kill the enemy, in this case, unfortunately the Georgians, in the washroom, if that is where we find them, like Putin said. Not to share smoke with them, in any case. It was a very different war for me and my people than for you, Shmack. I have an aunt and uncle in Tskhinval who lost on of their sons in the war, whose house there was destroyed by Georgian GRAD, who saw their neighbor's legs blown away. It is a personal war for me, and those like me. Georgians are not our friends.

I don't really care. However Russia has killed more sons, destroyed more houses, and blown up more friends than little old Georgia.

Alright, gentlemen...if you want to talk about the politics behind the photos, take it to the Political section. It's there for that reason.

Back